Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 08:24 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,091 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:24 pm
This all makes sense to me. Certain bridges, certain buildings beckon to certain people. What to do about it becomes a quandary (See San Francisco dealing re the Golden Gate Magnet - oh, check Chronicle articles).

To a large extent, I have a wave off attitude. Shall we now plexiglas all passenger ships?

But, I remember this gathering of girlfriends, some years ago.
One of the women was married to a major movie producer, but, by my eye, maybe not ready for prime time, nothing against her, I'm certainly not.. Anyway, she described to her friends, me being a friend of theirs but not knowing her, about how she was in some hotel room that she and her husband had in Acupulco with such and such a balcony/whatever/I forget, and had this compulsion to jump over.
I seem to remember she handled it with praying, not sure. But I remember understanding that her recounting of her terror was real. Like she was being sucked over.

I think this is a real concern, however ships or hotels or bridges deal with it. Some of that I have opinions about - but I get the concern.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:19 am
The lack of counseling is what really bothers me here. Though I guess it can't be compelled.

Well, no, the attack is what really bothers me. This article is so circumspect, had to go elsewhere for details... oof.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:44 am
sozobe wrote:
This article is so circumspect, had to go elsewhere for details... oof.

oh. my. god.

I guess, I have nothing else to say but . oh . my. god.
that poor child.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:25 am
But he had endured much since he was nearly killed in the brutal attack inflicted by David Henry Tuck, 19, and Keith Robert Turner, 18, during a drug- and alcohol-infused party at a Spring home in April 2006.

Ritcheson underwent more than 30 surgeries and still wore a colostomy bag after some of his organs were ruptured when the attackers kicked a plastic pipe into his rectum while shouting "white power!"

The Hispanic teen also was beaten, kicked and burned with cigarettes. The attackers tried to carve a swastika into his chest and poured bleach on his face.

I tend to overlook that, it being a local story, it might not be general knowledge elsewhere.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 11:02 am
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 12:55 pm
How heartbreaking...that poor child..the anguish he must have experienced - every time he remembered what those boys did to him it had to tear him up - and still smiling trying to get beyond it apparently and going with his friends on a cruise...It is beyond understanding how people can be that cruel. I don't get it...I just don't get it....

I would be on drugs too...I would be more surprised if he weren't after all of that...how do you make that memory go away...especially when you have to wear a colostomy bag...too young to have to deal with that. Too too young...
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:01 pm
I just read one of the articles about the attack on this poor boy.

It is heartbreaking.

It is heartbreaking that a child had to endure this torture and dehumanisation and have his life twisted so much that suicide (whether intended or as the result of drugs) was the only solution.

It is heartbreaking that two other children are so riddled with hate that they have become monsters.

The article I read mentioned that while the attack took place, other teenagers at the party stood around, watching, and that after it was over he lay there 10 hours before help came.

Maybe that is the most heartbreaking thought of all.
0 Replies