Place your bets! Who dies in HP 7?

Noddy24

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 11:59 am
I'm either very cool or very mentally staid.

Someone will die? This has been announced. I accept this. I'm content to wait until the 21st or the 22nd--depending on what time on Saturday UPS delivers--to find out who.

Ripeness is all.
0 Replies

dbfmike

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 04:58 pm
same thing
i do believe harry himself is a horcrux. and how dou get a scar from a spell?? so thatas my theory. i have always liked the idea of neville playing an important part but the prophecy says voldemort will mark as his equal and he amrked harry so idk...
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 05:00 pm
My son says either Snape or Neville, or both.
0 Replies

dbfmike

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 05:02 pm
Quote:
It ends the series but the next one starts on Ron's eleventy-first birthday when Voldemort returns from Mt Doom.

HAHAHAHAHAHA lol that is so funny
ti am laughing so hard
lolthat is funny
HARRY IS A HORCRUX I KNOW IT!!!!!!!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:14 am
I think Harry is going to go through that curtain thingy they introduced in TOOP (bk 5)., Think about it, his parents, Cedric, Sirius, then Dumbledore all died... So, if Harry follows them, in a sense, Harry will die. Now how Rowling brings him back will be very interesting!
0 Replies

blakblak

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:32 pm
i agree, in the U.S book cover it shows harry and voldemort and at the sides there are these curtains...this could be the veil, so i think the veil will play a part in this book and I also think Hermione will die for some reason...im pretty sure that JK won't let all the main characters survive...and she said at least 2 people die so i think hermione might die and shes also half blood so voldemort may have a reason to kill her....hope not though
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 08:48 am
I'm re-reading the first six books in preparation for Saturday.

Rowling alone (and several dozen publishing minions) know who will die, but I'm betting that Ron is going to be sorely tempted by someone (Goblins?) with money.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:42 am
Quote:
Harry Potter spoilers spread story on Internet
(Associated Press, Jul. 18 2007)

In the final days before the world learns whether Harry Potter lives or dies, spoilers -- or those pretending to spoil -- are spreading on the Internet.

On Tuesday, scanned pages of what may be the entire text of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" were circulating among Web users. A separate link, http://www.zendurl.com/h/hallows, displayed what the site claimed to be a seven-page epilogue and the table of contents from "Deathly Hallows," coming out July 21 under ultra-tight security.
Similar information appeared Monday on http://spoilerboy.googlepages.com/home.

Meanwhile, a Vancouver resident said he downloaded hundreds of pages from the 784-page book and U.S. publisher Scholastic, Inc., has been busy ordering would-be spoilers to remove their information from the Internet.

"I'm guessing we're in the double digits," said Scholastic spokeswoman Kyle Good, who added requiring material to be pulled down did not mean it was authentic.

"There's so much out there that it's confusing for fans. Our lawyers are trying to keep down the amount of spoiler traffic that's out there and clear it from places where fans might be reading."

Anxious about keeping a lock on publishing's ultimate mystery, Scholastic has refused all along to say whether a spoiler has the real book or not. Good said there is more than one version of the full Potter text on the Internet. She said the different versions all "looked convincing" and all had different content from each other.

Author J.K. Rowling, who has said two major characters will die, has begged the public not to give away the ending to her seventh and final Potter book. Fan sites such as http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ and http://www.mugglenet.com have promised to keep spoilers away.

"A lot or our tips about spoilers are coming from fans," Good said.

"There's a groundswell from fans who find these links and send them to us, saying: 'I'm not going to look at this but somebody told me about it."'
"I just hope they find these people and punish them accordingly," said Leaky Cauldron Web master Melissa Anelli.

"This is exceedingly wrong and mean-spirited. Let people enjoy their book, for Pete's sake."

Last month, a hacker who identified himself as "Gabriel" claimed to have broken into the computer system of British publisher Bloomsbury PLC and posted key plot points on http://seclists.org/misc/harrypotterspoilers.html.

Those plot points differ from what is revealed on http://www.zendurl.com/h/hallows/, which contradicts itself on the fate of Potter's buddy Ron.

"There is a lot of material on the Internet that claims to come from 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' but anyone can post anything on the Internet and you can't believe everything you see online," Good said.

"We all have our theories on how the series will end but the only way we'll know for sure is to read the book ourselves at 12:01 a.m. on July 21."
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 03:42 am
wandeljw, the links no longer work, for better or worse. I think I must wait until midnight tomorrow to pick up my own copy at the local Borders...

A friend of mine said that 2 characters we've grown to love through 6 books so far die in the end. I could imagine a plot developing where they might possibly be the 2 who are killed off. Of course, her information is 4th hand if it's anything...

Before they die, however, we are treated to a wedding and about 700 pages of hair-raising fiction!

Just curious, is anyone else going to the Borders party? If so, are you dressing up?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 07:30 am
princesspupule wrote:
wandeljw, the links no longer work, for better or worse. I think I must wait until midnight tomorrow to pick up my own copy at the local Borders...

It was an interesting news story, princesspupule. The best thing for all of us is just to read the actual book. I did hear some of the spoilers from other people but I am not sure if they are true.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:28 am
I read in the newspapers that Scholastic Books and other Interested Parties and Corporate Powers are instrumental in getting spoiler web sites shut down.
0 Replies