Comic Book Pricing

Moonpie

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:01 pm
Cerebus Comics
I stumbled across your post regarding the first edition Cerebus comics you found and am interested in talking prices with you. I just joined this site so can't PM you, but you can probably PM me if you are interested in further discussion. I am also in Texas. I was a fan of Cerebus as a kid and am now trying to get the back issues I don't have. My local comic store is currently selling back issues of Cerebus for $1.50-$3 per book. Unfortunately, they start from issue 67 and up. Please PM me. I am interested in issues 1-22. I look forward to hearing from you.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 09:26 pm
I have two boxes of silver age comics in plastic--my late son's collection. I have no idea how to sell them. I went through an Overstreet edition decades ago and found some of them to be worth a lot. But I have no time to look for an honest buyer. In my naivete I could be easily taken . Ebay is a way?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 07:23 am
Ebay seems to be the best way
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 01:13 pm
What's the procedure? Would I have to type out descriptions of all the books and conduct some kind of auction for the highest bidder?
Or perhaps it would be less work to take them to a comic book store and have them add up their value and offer a total bid. If I really needed the money the ebay round might be worth it. But... Gasp.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 01:43 pm
The trouble with making honest money is that you have to work to make honest money.

"TANSTAAFL! There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch," quoth Robert Heinlein.

I'm accumulating a collection of fantasy and science fiction. I know some editions are out of print and worth much more than face value, but I think rather that researching I'll resign myself to my heirs packing up my library and trundling it off to the nearest second hand store.

Research is word, damnit.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 02:24 pm
Sounds like you stumbled across a wet dream for many adult men who live in their mom's basements.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 05:39 pm
So, your interested ?
0 Replies

Moonpie

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:37 pm
Cerebus comics
Yes I am definitely still interested...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:23 pm