July Goliathon

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 12:01 am
Hello Everyone,

173d Blight - r?i?

I am tempted to put in ruin but think I may have something wrong somewhere. For 172a I put in term & 186a acrid. I have finished the demon (easier this time) & the big. With a bit of luck my answers are correct. I will wait and see what questions are asked before sending them in.

Thank you for your help.

Vernamae
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 661 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 01:05 am
Hi vernamae

Although I'm a subscriber to all of Lovatts magazine, I haven't seen the July Big yet.

My Chambers Big Crossword Dictionary gives me the following answers for blight = bane - dash - evil -kill and ruin, so if you think it is RUIN, you're right.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 01:21 am
july goliathon
Hi vernamae and Dutchy
I got my big and starhunt's on monday Dutchy, hope yours hasn't gone astray. I hadn't started the goliathon yet but have just worked around the "blight" clue and I agree with Dutchy that ruin is the answer.
Good Luck
0 Replies

vernamae

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:08 am
July Goliathon
Thank you Dutchy & Tuesday for your help. It seems a silly little question but sometimes they are the ones that trick you up. Ruin was all I could come up with so pleased you agree.

Hope you get the July issue soon Dutchy.

Vernamae
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:14 am
Hi Vernamae and Tuesday

A big worry, haven't seen my "Starhunt" either, when did you receive your July Big vernamae? If nothing in tomorrow's mail may have to chase them up.

Good luck with your entries.
0 Replies

vernamae

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:35 am
July Big
Hi Dutchy,

I got my Big on Monday. Once I did not get mine and I rang them and they sent a copy straight out. I know it is only Wednesday but I live in an area that hasn't the best delivery dates so I would give them a call. Hope you get a copy soon.

Vernamae
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:38 am
Hi vernamae

Thanks for that, will get to work on it after tomorrows mail delivery has been.

Regards Dutchy
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 06:46 am
july big
Hi Dutchy
When is your subscription due? as I find when it's about to run out the magazines do not arrive until the subscription is renewed. Just a thought to explain the non arrivals.I'd definately check tomorrow. Surprised
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 06:50 am
Hi Tuesday

Around September/October, however in previous years Lovatts always notifies you when subscriptions are due. Thanks for your interest. Will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Dutchy
0 Replies