This makes sense...

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 03:43 pm
At least in my case, since my sister(who is older) is a f'n surgeon.

"Older siblings really are know-it-alls, study finds"

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/06/older_siblings.html

What the hell happened to me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 657 • Replies: 7
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 03:46 pm
The authors are probably only children.
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:07 am
I have a hard time agreeing with this study. There are too many factors that play into intelligence and the study itself suggests its not so much the natural birth order as "rank" in the family. (Children with a sibling who died during infancy being smarter than children who have an living older sibling)

Im the 3rd of 4 children, birth order being boy-girl-boy-girl and I've tested higher than all three of my siblings, with my sisters testing higher than my brother. According to this study how does that make sense?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:35 am
Apparently the test you used did not cover the concept of "average."
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:50 am
Well Drew aren't you a ray of sunshine.... I was just saying I dont agree with the study due to personal experience. I understand the concept of "averages" but I also understand the concept of "blatant generalities".
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:54 am
BDoug wrote:
...Im the 3rd of 4 children, birth order being boy-girl-boy-girl and I've tested higher than all three of my siblings, with my sisters testing higher than my brother. According to this study how does that make sense?

Just think how stupid your brother would have been if he hadn't been born first. Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:55 am
Drwdad was (I think) using irony as an attempt at humour.

Can you dig it doug?
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:57 am
Eva wrote:
BDoug wrote:
...Im the 3rd of 4 children, birth order being boy-girl-boy-girl and I've tested higher than all three of my siblings, with my sisters testing higher than my brother. According to this study how does that make sense?

Just think how stupid your brother would have been if he hadn't been born first. Laughing

LOL...don't think thats possible. :wink:
0 Replies