colossus 110 crack the cryptic

mikief

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:20 pm
I'm having trouble with 72a "Not a description of those who are late". I have A?I?E. Help please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 524 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Dogz

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:27 pm
Hi Mikief, I have ALIVE for that. I think it has been in the previous posts. I'm sure others will confirm for you.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:48 pm
Hi mikief

Welcome to a2k. I can confirm Dogz's submission.

Good luck
0 Replies

mikief

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:11 pm
Thank you both Dogz and Dutchy. I had a look in the forums for a post but didn't see one. Our interpretation of this clue was "A" for "Not" but we did not see "LIVE" for "description of those who are late". We thought maybe "TIME" but the definitions for "ATIME" did not seem to fit. We now see "LATE" as "DEAD" and "NOTDEAD" as "A+NOTDEAD" = "ALIVE"

I have been viewing the crossword forums for several months now and I have noted your many and fast answers, so I thought I would try a sticky one (For Margaret and I). We both have been enjoying the Lovatt's puzzles, particularly Stinkers, Demons, Cryptics and other of the more difficult mindbenders, since our outback photographic trip of 8 months in Western Australia during 2005. We both are 63 yrs of age and try to outdo each other until we are both stuck then I enjoy going to the net (NOT a cheat) for the answers that we cannot interpret because I can look up and learn new words, definitions, history, origins etc and follow links to other interesting details.

Cheers

Mikief
0 Replies

Dogz

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:20 pm
Hi Mikief, I'm envious of your trip of 8 months. I had never completed a Stinker, Demon or Cryptic until I stumbled across this forum. Now, I feel like I can have a go at all of them, with all the friendly fellow-puzzlers here willing to lend a hand with the hairy ones. Best of luck with everything...Dogz
0 Replies