Who do you miss?

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:05 am
Sofia wrote:
OH! My memory is so shot--I'd forgotten about Jubei! Have you floated the Realm off into neverland? Is it still there? I would like to trawl to remind myself of who I loved.

edit---
Weeeeeeeee! I snuck back in through Lash's ID. Sanndyden--She was cool. Princess was nice. I remember Broken Wing Butterfly. Poetic. Somebody got into a 'patriotic tiff' with her, and she left.

It was a hoot to read us back then. I don't know why it seems like SO long ago.

Sanndyden is here, I'm not sure if she uses the same name. She only posted a few times. It IS indeed a hoot to read, that's what I was alluding to earlier. I miss that site. It was fun to maintain.

Speaking of the Realm there's Lenny Bruce, she only posted here a few times. I see here evry month or two on IM...

seattlefriend wrote:
Hello Craven!!!

Thanks for missing me. I miss you too!! What have you been doing? Last I heard, you were ready to join the military -- a program where they would help to pay for education, if I remember correctly. I've never heard if that's what you're doing or if you're exploring new worlds now. Can you catch me up to date?

I met little k, and saw PAL again at a little dinner not long ago. And I had a wonderful week-long visit with Aa. It's great fun to meet on-line friends in person.

Best of everything to you, Craven. It's good to see ya!

Seattle friend

I've been working my butt off. So much so that the military has been looking mighty good to me now. I'm gonna save up my money and when I'm 96.5 years old I will start my promised education. ;-) I just hope the tuitions don't go up by then.

It's been a very hectic year with a lot of uncertainty. So who knows what will happen. I've been here for 7 months and am still sleeping on a couch. Hopefully things will become more normal soon.

As soon as I know whether the company I work for will stay afloat (they just had their first sales this month) I'll know whether I can start looking at my own place to stay and my education.

I've missed ya. You are hardly ever around. Do you still teach ESL? That's a job I miss, I had it good in Brazil, that was heaven in comparison to today's hell. As soon as I get me an edumacation I'm teaching ESL again. It's the greatest job I've had.
0 Replies

seattlefriend

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:23 am
Hullo Roger! Hullo dlowan!

How are you? New Mexico inthe summer? That must be warm!

I know Stoat -- he and I took Aa places when she was in Seattle.
Stoat is a good guy! (but you already knew that!)

Jeanne
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:25 am
I did - but I had no idea what he LOOKED like!

There is a tad of stoatishness, no?
0 Replies

seattlefriend

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:42 am
Hi Craven,

You didn't say which country you're living in, but it sounds like you're working for an employer. It's a good way to learn skills, but I'll bet you miss the autonomy of being self-employed.

I'm still tutoring reading, writing, rithmetic, and some ESL. Business is a bit down. People are saving their money.

I've nearly finished the remodel. It looks great, but it has taken five months, and I'm ready for it to be finished. The living room floor is 36 feet long and the floor refinishers were here last week. The old clear vg fir is gorgeous now! There were a couple of boards that needed replacing, and the guys brought old school flooring of the same vintage (1914). They sanded everything and put on polyurethane coatings. They also filled edges and got rid of a lot of the squeaks. I wasn't sure how it would go. These floors have been covered with carpet for at least 30 years, maybe a lot more. Now the floors are a beautiful golden color.

I made a classroom too, and painted it bright colors, and an amazing retro bathroom, not like any other.

Being a homeowner is a crazy life!

Seattlefriend
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:47 am
hello from me, too, seattlefriend! Very Happy

I miss you, too! Crying or Very sad
Are you still writing those poems?
Still contemplating others' writings?
Is there some reason (you'd care to tell!) as to why you're not A2King too much these days? I sincerely hope it's because you're life is so busy & full of good things!

Cheers,
Olga
0 Replies

seattlefriend

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:47 am
dlowan,

Definitely! But tall for a stoat. When we met at the airport to greet Aa, I walked past him several times before I realised that he would be our Stoat.

I rode in the Stoatmobile once too.

Seattlefriend
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:51 am
Hey, seattlefriend. Good to see you too.

Believe it or not, our own little microclimate here may just have the world's best four season weather. Okay, it's been over a hundred every day for two weeks, but the humidity is a comfortable 30%rh. With high altitude, low humidity, and relatively clean air, the temperatures drop into the upper 60s at night.
0 Replies

seattlefriend

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 02:02 am
Hi Ms olga!!

How is everything with you??? Are you working? I think I remember that you were teaching when I first encountered you on the 'favorite evil characters' thread, but I'm not certain.

Are you still an avid gardener?

And I remember that you said you have a friend in Seattle. Any plans to come see us?

You asked if I still write poems. Do silly poems in e-mail letters count?
Or silly poems for beginning readers to read? If silly counts, then yes, I still write.

It's good to see you, my very first abuzz friend.

Seattle friend
0 Replies

seattlefriend

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 02:10 am
Hello Roger,

The cooler night temp sounds good, and the clean air sounds really good!!

I rec'd an e-mail from the daughter who was visiting northern Italy this summer. She said it was 110 degrees in the shade EVERY DAY !! Humid, too. She finished by saying 'I hate everything. But at least I'm used to it.'
Now that's quite passionate for talk about the weather!

Seattle friend
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 02:16 am
I miss Temper from Abuzz.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 02:30 am
dear seattlefriend

What am I doing? A better question might be what HAVEN'T I been doing? Rolling Eyes
Too much to tell here, but have gone through the BIG RELATIONSHIP SPLIT Shocked, followed by the DIVIDING THE ASSETS thing, followed by the establishing a new home thing .... The good news is that I'm doing fine, despite these upheavals, or perhaps because of them? Recently I've experienced the death of a dear, 18 year old tabby cat, who I miss a great deal. Sad, but I'm coping.
Work? Yes, I'm teaching, still. I've decided that I have something of a teaching addiction, despite all the horrors that governments insist on imposing on government schools. I'm still a VERY strong supporter of public education & guess I always will be.
Gardening? Yes, yes, yes!! Very Happy You should see the zeal with which I attack my new terrain! Amongst other things I've planted my very first roses, ever ... There was something about this tiny hundred year old cottage that DEMANDED roses! So of course I obliged! Very Happy
My own Seattle friend? Ah, he appears to be going through his own relationship breakdown right now. Sad. I would love to visit Seattle one of these days, but first I must make myself rich enough to travel! When will that be, I wonder?

I really liked your poem about hanging out the washing & the thoughts that were coming into your consciousness at the same time. Was it via Raven's Realm? Email poems? Why not? Very Happy

Was I really your very first Abuzz friend? That makes me feel very good. Very Happy

And what have YOU been up to? I'm curious!

Take care seattlefriend.
And don't be a stranger, OK?

Cheers,
Olga
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 04:55 am
I really miss azimox from abuzz. Her genius in all things planted made her a go to guy for gardens. She was also interested in many things such as woodworking and other household arts.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 05:10 am
Oh man, here are a few names from the past - chun chun, dragonma, AmyRFA71, GoAway, Joan Lee, Valdo, Skwerl_X. Emails I've sent to asimox bounce. Sad

How ya doin', seattlefriend?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 05:30 am
Seattle Friend,

I'm in San Diego. I've taken to calling it the armpit of the world (I know I am taking great liberty with that statement). ;-)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 05:32 am
Most of those I miss I miss from aBuzz... and some of them may still be active?

JesusGirl (I heard from her lately... her life is in constant turmoil, but then so is everyone's).
Aiden, Stan the Stan, Skwerl_X (prolly somewhere in Kuwait or sumpin'), Papabuda.

Bibliophile has dissapearred, but last seen here. (spell check? I don't need no stinkin' spellcheck!)

And I still miss Mary Pope.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 05:50 am
and HIMSELF, (lifts a pint , of rootbeer)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:26 am
Ah, Mary Pope..... miss her too. How could we have forgotten moondoggy....? Miss him too, of course.

{Hi SeattleFriend!}
0 Replies

GoAway

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:31 am
Who Do You Miss
Here I am, here I am--have been trying for weeks, with a lot of help, to get into this. It still looks complicated. Special greetings to my little K and to Craven (boy, do you know I take credit for having kept you in Abuzz when you first started--you still owe me a hug)

Now, if I can find how to send this

GOAway I'll never do that
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:33 am
Craven!! You Sweetheart!!

here's a BIG HUG.....

(((((((Craven)))))))

how sweet of you to think of me.... you just made my day.... I didn't realize you were in San Diego.... San Diego is pretty, with all those beautiful sailboats and yachts.... and, just a short drive east, you can find beautiful orchards full of grapefruit and oranges.... I went to a conference, about 5 or 6 years ago, which was held at the Hotel Del Coronado.... the first thing I wanted to do? take my shoes off and walk in the soft sand.... oh, it was heavenly.... I love the ocean....

I've been focused on trying to buy a house and 5-acres of land, in the foothills of Mount Rainier..... the existing house is "funky", so I've run into a few obstacles..... my long-term goal is to build my dream mountain cabin on the property.....

I took *Jack*, my Border Collie, to a few Disc-Dog events (we aren't allowed to say "Frisbee", because it's a brand name and these events are sponsored by "Hyperflite", which is a different brand of Disc)..... anyway, I'm learning how to throw the Disc, accurately, into the 5-point zone..... when I get that mastered, Jack and I might win a trophy..... LOL..... in the meantime, we're having lots of fun, and we're meeting lots of great people.....

here's a link to some pictures I took, with my new digital camera, at the Skyhoundz Regional Championships.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/sandra4u123

My daughter, Rosanne, is still living at home..... she has a Border Collie, too, and is training *Bunny* for agility competitions.....

As seattlefriend mentioned, I got together with her, Stoat, Wy, PatioDog and Mrs. PatioDog, D'Artagnon, and little k..... we gathered in Seattle, when little k was here to visit family and friends..... it was a great evening..... I loved meeting everyone..... I hope we can get together again soon..... we posted some pictures at little k's MSN photo album website.....

I must admit, I've been lurking here at A2K..... I have some favorite threads in the Spiritual/Philosophy section..... I just haven't had time to take my mind off realtors, loan officers, bank appraisers, property insurance, etc etc etc..... I enjoy reading the thread about "Free Will", especially after the Home Inspector tells me that the house's foundation wasn't built to code.....

"Hi" to everyone!!!

It feels good to be posting again!!!

PaL
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:43 am
Wow, Craven.
Serious dividends from this thread.
It was nice to read the reunions.

Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who do you miss?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 02:32:12