He has a fear of women. Watch this.

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 03:33 am
Can you believe this?

There is a certain dance quality to the whole operation.

Joe(I'd do it, but the crap in my pants would be a distraction)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,284 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 06:11 am
Joe N:

Thank you. Sometimes this resource is just so precious. Now THAT was funny...umm...amazing...unique. Not many words do that justice.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 06:24 am
Bloody Hell!

Wonder if he is a Native American. Someone told me they have no fear of heights, is that true?

And what does he mean by, "it's no job for a hot dog." ?

That was cool.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 06:51 am
Hot Dog = show off.

I love the part where he passes another person on the wires..

"Hey Joel, how's it goin?"
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:28 am
Pretty cool stuff. I'm used to a lot of sensationalism on YouTube, so I had half expected him to go up in a flash of voltage and smoke. Very cool, even without the flash and smoke.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:31 am
sign me up!!!

High voltage rock and roll
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Bloody Hell!

Wonder if he is a Native American. Someone told me they have no fear of heights, is that true?

And what does he mean by, "it's no job for a hot dog." ?

That was cool.

Yes, it is true--in fact, fear of heights is so uncommon among Amerindians, that many of them have made careers working the "high steel" when tall buildings are built.

Here's a brief piece on Mohawks who have worked the high steel in New York.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
I'm a sparkie. Never had any desire to go high tension! A lot safer up in there like those guys than when the worker is on the ground.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:07 am
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:23 am
I was going to say something about the Native Americans/fear of heights thing being a stereotype, but didn't want to stir up anything.

It made me think of a popular myth in the Army - that Puerto Ricans are better infantrymen because they are more courageous under fire. I think that one got started just because Puerto Ricans flocked to the infantry at one time because there was a huge need for manpower, and because they wanted the chance to have a steady job with sure advancement, if they survived (the infantry is still aneasier MOS to get promoted in than many).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:24 am
That was truly beautiful........thank you.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:39 am
Of course, my question is this: what was the meeting like the morning they decided to try this procedure.... .

"Good morning, Bill. This is Edwin, he's a helicopter pilot and that feller over there is Smitty, one of our engineers. We haven't met, I'm Joe Nation, the president of our company, Highline are Us. Now we, or I should say Smitty, has come up with a plan on how to inspect those lines up by the lakes."

"Okay."

"They tell me you're not a hot dog kind of guy."

"Yeah. So?"

"So, let me let Smitty tell you what we have in mind."

And Smitty tells Bill all about the hot suit and riding on the little aluminium framework on the outside of the helicopter and how good a pilot Edwin is. (He's flown our president, Mr. Nation, to a lot of fishing spots.) And, of course, how he, Bill, is supposed to reach out and get all sparky with the little wand before clipping on the couplers to the MILLION VOLT line, before climbing off the helicopter onto the wire and then hands and kneeing it along to the towers.

"What you think?"

Joe(Bill said he thought Edwin could fly him to one of those fishing spots and just leave him.)Nation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:44 am
Loved it!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:16 am
Thanks for the info. on the Mohawks. Very interesting.

x
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:56 am
Did anyone else watch this with their hands over their eyes, but making a tiny slit with the fingers so that one eye could just about see?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 08:38 pm
I about died when I saw the guy on the edge of the helicopter and he's talking about a magic carpet.... .

Then when he reachs out with the little wand.... that did it.

Joe(then HE GETS ONTO THE LINE)Nation
0 Replies