Inventor launches 'cat cam'

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:36 am
Inventor launches 'cat cam'
Ananova
6/8/07

Cat owners can now see what their pet gets up to once they go through the flap. It follows the launch of 'cat cam' by a German inventor, reports the Daily Mail.

Jürgen Perthold, who lives in America, attached his light-weight camera to the collar of his tom cat Mr Lee.

"I wanted to find out what he gets up to, where he spends his days," Mr Perthold said.

"He goes out the whole day, sometimes he returns hungry sometimes not, sometimes with traces of fights, sometimes he also says out all night. It gave me the idea to equip the cat with a camera."

The camera takes one photo a minute for 48 hours and has revealed that the chubby tabby has the hots for a neighbouring feline, although he is in contention with another black tom.

Mr Lee spends much of his time exploring the undergrowth, looking longingly up at bird feeders and meeting other moggies under parked cars.

The camera weighs 70 grams including the batteries and Mr Perthold said it didn't give his cat any problems.

He wrote his own software to control the camera and perfected the design. He is now selling his invention for $30 in the US.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 564 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 11:20 am
What a great idea!!!! I want to buy one. That would be very,very interesting.

Great story.
0 Replies