Uh, oh, they're taking my New Yorkers.

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:02 pm
I've missed two weeks. Got the next one, the June 11-18. What is going on?

Is the mail crew reading the cartoons? (excuse me, drawings). This is deprivation row for me, I say not entirely sardonically.

In my particular city, or at least in my area, mail is slotted to the residents by a contracted facility into wee chambers every so many hundred feet.

My mail is often buried in advertising flummox; easy to miss a bill.

So, ok, I'm ranting.

Galls me, I used to specify these kind of stupid mailboxes. I'm paying my dues.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,136 • Replies: 7
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:06 pm
That's happened to me -- missing weeks. So frustrating.

When I've complained to the New Yorker I've gotten free replacements. Never knew if it was their end or a sticky-fingered mailperson.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:11 pm
Given mail delivery rep here, I'm doubting it's the NY'r. I got them late, back in old north north, on occasion, but not this late. Low budget person that I am, the NY'r provides hours of actual tactile reading pleasure, away from the computer chair.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:13 pm
You live in NM now.......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:14 pm
The good thing is that they're online more fully now. Gee, I would have missed the Saatchi article, and who knows what else, as I can't just call up the late May issue. Well, maybe, with more effort. I'm just whining.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:15 pm
Sand covers mailboxes, mail cart drives by....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:59 pm
NM is a postal vortex.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 04:20 pm
Uh, oh, they're taking my New Yorkers
According to our mailman, The New Yorker has the worst delivery record of any magazine. Why this is, I doubt anyone can be certain, but I personally feel that something is gummed up in the New Yorker mailroom I mean, five days late week after week?
0 Replies