A New Approach for the Analysis of Duct Tape Backings

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:32 pm
Check with your local PBS station, they broadcast it in the United States.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:42 pm
According to PBS, it is broadcast from San Jose, KTEH--i don't imagine you can pick that up, though. Is it likely to be on your cable or satellite service? I doubt it.

The only other PBS station showing Red Green in Cali-for-nigh-ay is KIXE in Redding. Where the hell is Redding?

Words of wisdom from Red Green (world's greatest dweeb), courtesy of PBS:

Why Mature Men Don't Ask for Directions When We're Lost

Okay it all comes down to pride. We're out there driving around in our own vehicle, burning gas, wearing sunglasses, looking good. People who see us driving by would never guess that we have no idea where we are. And we don't want to tell them. Men don't enjoy the concept of going up to total strangers and saying "You may not know this but I'm a moron." In contrast the woman we're traveling with is often very anxious to share this knowledge with the world. It somehow eases her burden. To women, getting lost on a trip is a blameless act of nature - to men it's a personal failure. He knew where he was when he left home - he doesn't know where he is now. Somewhere along the line he crossed the line from the world he knows into the world he doesn't know. To a man this is how he felt when he got married or had kids. If he admits he's lost in the car, he'll have to admit that he's lost everywhere and that's way too much to ask. So just bite your tongue and circle the block a few more times. Men aren't lost, they just go the long way.

We Have Nothing to Say

Every week more and more guys are "coming out" of the tool room and admitting it. Admitting we have nothing to say, to anyone, about anything. I know that feeling. And your wife probably understands. You've said it all before. You're still with her. You have nothing to add. And this is all right. Unfortunately some guys who have nothing to say still keep talking. Like, if you find yourself ranting about the way people are parking cars on your street, well, you have nothing to say. Stop talking. If you find yourself going on and on about why Jeopardy is way better than Wheel of Fortune, or about how hard it is to open those new orange juice containers, or the high price of hammers, you have nothing to say. If you notice you're telling everyone a hilarious story that you read in Reader's Digest--stop talking. People aren't listening to you. The person you're talking to has glazed over and is just nodding their head, while they make up a grocery list or plan their winter vacation, or vow never to get as old and boring as you. So don't just keep talking until you think of something worth saying. You may not.

Red Green says: If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:47 pm
Redding is that part of Califonia nobody seems to know exist.

http://www.shastalake.com/images/shastalake-may-10-2006.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:50 pm
Oooo . . . cooooooool . . . that looks great.

Actually, i do know where Shasta Lake is. You ain't gonna be picking that up, either.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:53 pm
All lakes will be drained into Hell.A.

(people are pissed at L.A.)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:28 pm
When is George Bush going to do somthing stupid so we can stop talking about duct tape.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:21 am
When isn't George Bush doing something stupid?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:38 am
When he's sleeping.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:42 am
Can you prove that?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:44 am
Amigo wrote:
When he's sleeping.

He's probably dreaming about doing something stupid.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 01:00 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 03:17 pm
That reminds me of Jack Sparrow talking to Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean:

Do us a favor . . . I know it's difficult for you . . . but please, stay here, and try not to do anything . . . stupid.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:58 pm
Setanta wrote:
That reminds me of Jack Sparrow talking to Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean:

Do us a favor . . . I know it's difficult for you . . . but please, stay here, and try not to do anything . . . stupid.

So that's where that saying comes from. My boss says that to me every time he's not going to be around for a day or two. Smile
0 Replies