So Many Times After I Post A Thread Stops In It's Tracks

Chumly

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:22 pm
dadpad wrote:
Oh all right then we'll just ignore dadpad. That'll be funny as well
Hi dadpad, I need some lunch, got anything going?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:33 pm
dadpad is still asleep in down under.

Hm, very few threads stop after I've posted there. More on the contrary,
they ignite sometimes into this fireball of aggravation and anger,
especially when gustav and I have derailed yet another thread Laughing
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:19 pm
I've never had the honor and courtesy of you or Gus derailing any of my threads, you're both more than welcome to have a go at it if the mood strikes.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:23 pm
I used to be the kiss of death on many threads. Lately, not so much. What am I doing wrong?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:27 pm
It takes a certain unquantifiable consummate milquetoast-ness, you've clearly lost your way, you need to bland-down.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:28 pm
Roberta wrote:
I used to be the kiss of death on many threads. Lately, not so much. What am I doing wrong?

I think the new avatar may have something to do with it. Nobody wants to get that puddy-tat angry.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:28 pm
Thank you, Chumly, I'll keep that in mind.

Boida, you've probably become like a "Kochloeffel" (wooden spoon)
and stir things up. Those posts always will get a reply!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:33 pm
Out of 423 threads, I have killed 27. This gives me a threadkill score of 6.38%.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:38 pm
Okay, I'll try to bland down. But the avatar stays! (Hmmm. Maybe I should avoid exclamation points.)

Wande, I'm just a little worried about you. You actually calculated your threadkill score. I'm impressed too.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:46 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Food, and a glass of red wine. I like most wines cold. In your face, wine experts.
Most Reds should be served cool, if not necessarily cold. In a Pepsi challenge; the wine served cold would dominate the wine served warm. In addition; cheaper wines are almost invariably more drinkable cold... because it has the effect of making it seem dryer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:50 pm
As was mentioned earlier, it is in the 90s, temp-wise in Tomball a big part of the year. Boiling wine is just unpleasant, dry or otherwise, from my perspective.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:57 pm
Roberta wrote:

It's the avatar. You need something distracting. Maybe a skimpy outfit?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:13 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Out of 423 threads, I have killed 27. This gives me a threadkill score of 6.38%.
You're a lightweight. I have a 162 kills of 1465 threads (Man, I gotta getta life) for a stellar kill ratio of over 11%. Top that!

edgarblythe wrote:
As was mentioned earlier, it is in the 90s, temp-wise in Tomball a big part of the year. Boiling wine is just unpleasant, dry or otherwise, from my perspective.
Unlike the hard booze (Spirits), wine is still alive and temperatures in the 90's will destroy it for sure. You're always better off storing it too cold than too warm, even if you do choose to let it warm up a bit before serving it. I recommend NEVER allowing a wine to reach 90 degrees if you have taste buds at all. (Exceptions can and should be made for Saki, of course).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:24 pm
red wine = 58.6
white wine = 49.5
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:29 pm
Maybe it's your radical apostrophism, Bear. It's "its", not "it's"
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:48 pm
I don't know nuttin' 'bout wine. Is this a problem?

Impressive kill ratio, Bill.

Reyn wrote:
Roberta wrote:

The avatar stays!

http://members.cox.net/wwphoto3/cheetah2.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:52 pm
Roberta wrote:
I don't know nuttin' 'bout wine. Is this a problem?

Impressive kill ratio, Bill.

Reyn wrote:
Roberta wrote:

The avatar stays!

http://members.cox.net/wwphoto3/cheetah2.jpg

THAT killed it.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:19 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I have a 162 kills of 1465 threads (Man, I gotta getta life) for a stellar kill ratio of over 11%. Top that!

*Yawn*. I haven't been around all that long, but at last count I've got 124 kills in 495 threads, for a kill ratio of 25%. That's right--a full quarter of the threads I come in contact with instantly DIE. I suppose I got a lot of help from last summer's influx of Chinese students seeking grammar help, for those threads tended to be one-answer quickies. Still, my numbers don't lie. Call me A2K's anti-Midas, for everything I touch turns to rot and decay.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:26 pm
With my math, I think I have a 2% kill ratio.

That's like saying what I do here has no effect at all.

AM I INVISIBLE?????

[size=7]can anyone see me?[/size]
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:33 pm
Careful, Caribou. Even posting adjacent to me might be enough to taint you with my deathly curse. Even now, do you not feel the icy chill of my wintry wasteland?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:25:59