So Many Times After I Post A Thread Stops In It's Tracks

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:55 pm
there are those who say it's because I'm so sophmoric, vulgar and distasteful that people just leave in disgust.

I prefer to think that it's because I'm so insightful and on target that once I enter my feedback there's really nothing left to say.

The clouds in my world are made of cotton candy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,875 • Replies: 93
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:11 pm
And you are the biggest thread killer on this board, except for me.

Joe(and Omsig, and Kicky and Chai and whatshername)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:12 pm
My name is Osso..
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:15 pm
Now I remember.

Joe(how could I have forgotten)Nation
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:20 pm
i started the thread "afghanistan : does it still matter ? " in sept 2006 .
i haven't had many responses but have noticed that is had attracted some readers now .
it's kind of like a hobby-horse now - i just pretend i'm sending a message out that other a2k's will appreciate Rolling Eyes - i know i'm kidding myself but not ready to give up on it yet .
perhaps it's not proper etiquette to keep posting without getting resonses , but do i care Laughing - no , not really .
so if you want to keep the thread alive ... :wink:
hbg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:22 pm
My responses are generally so uninteresting, non informative, and outright boring, nobody talks back to me. I bought me a thesaurus, so I wouldn't have to use the same words over and over and over and over again, but that didn't seem to help. I can post an opinion, and somebody else later post the identical response, and that one gets lauded, while mine is forgotten. If I am cut, do I not bleed? If I am kicked in the mouth, do my teeth not fall out? Does not acid dissolve my head? Why does Craven give his phone number to others, but not to me? Why can't I play cards to make a living? Bear gets the hugs, the rock star treatment. I get a curt nod and the occasional, "There ya are." If it weren't for the word association thread, I would go unresponded to, for weeks at a time. I had to create multiple identities, just to see other names beside my own. Yes, I am blatham, setanta, omsigDavid, gustavratzenhoffer, and letty. Well, I am giving my notice. I will not be reponding again on a2k, until I get finished with my dinner.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:25 pm
What's for dinner?

Joe(that's what important to us)Nation
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:27 pm
edgar : you have 31642 posts . do you take your computer to bed and record your dreams :wink: ?
or do you pay a chinese student to bump up your posts ? Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:27 pm
Food, and a glass of red wine. I like most wines cold. In your face, wine experts.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:28 pm
hamburger wrote:
edgar : you have 31642 posts . do you take your computer to bed and record your dreams :wink: ?
hbg

I have a burning desire to have more posts than BBB has threads.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:29 pm
I thought I was the only one who this was happening too. I feel better now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:31 pm
Food.
How specific.
Red wine. Cold.
How-------

- OH never mind he's already gulped it down.

Joe(The Philistines called. You're infringing on their trademark)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:34 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Food, and a glass of red wine. I like most wines cold. In your face, wine experts.

I am currently well into a bottle of Washington State Reisling. I't my day off. It's nice and chilled. Ihave a FUUUUUUULLLLLLLL bodied Shiraz waiting in the wings. I will hit it room temperature.... but I would be happy to drink with you friend edgar even if you heated your wine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:35 pm
bottoms up!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:35 pm
Drunk
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:36 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
hamburger wrote:
hbg

I have a burning desire to have more posts than BBB has threads.

Dream on, edgar.

We're all so boring, nobody wants to talk to us. Threads I start generally run to just one page, if that. Maybe I'm using selective memory here, but it seems that this wasn't so on Abuzz. Osso, in particular, used to get a lot more responses than she does now. So did BPB. But back then, of course, Squinney was "all happy with herself." What've you done to her, Bear?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:37 pm
Lets play a trick on bear.

Dont post on this thread and he will think he killed another one.

He he, it'll be so funny
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:39 pm
IN BOSTON THEY SERVE RED WINE "COLD" !!!

don't tell me you shouldn't chill RED WINE !
in boston they know what's right !
hbg

Quote:
With reds, serving wine cold is a little more controversial. To traditionalists, the idea of chilling red wines may sound like pure heresy. But it's not. In America wine is often served too warm anyway; "room temperature" in Europe means about 60 degrees, not the 70-degree indoor temps that are normal here. And restaurants are not exempt from "warmatoma" -- I am often presented bottles of white that are too warm for my taste, and bottles of red that should be too warm for anyone's.

During the summer, I like to take the cold trend even further. I tend to serve reds, especially the younger and fruitier reds, with a bit of chill on them. Some time in the fridge (or, as a last resort, the freezer or ice for a minute or two) will get your average bold New World wine into a state where it's muted a bit, clipping some of that forward flavor. I find this works well with red zinfandels and syrahs, plus Rhône wines such as grenache, mourvèdre, and carignane. It also works with younger, fruitier pinot noirs. Cabernet franc and sangiovese blends can take a touch of cold.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:42 pm
Why does everyone drink red wine? No one drinks white wine, when was the last time anyone ever drank white wine?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:43 pm
hamburger wrote:
IN BOSTON THEY SERVE RED WINE "COLD" !!!

don't tell me you shouldn't chill RED WINE !
in boston they know what's right !
hbg

Quote:
With reds, serving wine cold is a little more controversial. To traditionalists, the idea of chilling red wines may sound like pure heresy. But it's not. In America wine is often served too warm anyway; "room temperature" in Europe means about 60 degrees, not the 70-degree indoor temps that are normal here. And restaurants are not exempt from "warmatoma" -- I am often presented bottles of white that are too warm for my taste, and bottles of red that should be too warm for anyone's.

During the summer, I like to take the cold trend even further. I tend to serve reds, especially the younger and fruitier reds, with a bit of chill on them. Some time in the fridge (or, as a last resort, the freezer or ice for a minute or two) will get your average bold New World wine into a state where it's muted a bit, clipping some of that forward flavor. I find this works well with red zinfandels and syrahs, plus Rhône wines such as grenache, mourvèdre, and carignane. It also works with younger, fruitier pinot noirs. Cabernet franc and sangiovese blends can take a touch of cold.

We are into the ninety degree weather here. I don't want the wine boiling.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So Many Times After I Post A Thread Stops In It's Tracks
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 05:28:08