Do I have 'Doormat' written on me somewhere?

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:25 am
Some of you already know that I quit my seasonal job at the lobster shop last year to take on a full time job.
I did the seasonal thing for a year, but it wasn't my thing. I didn't want to live on unemployement 4 months out of the year with absolutely no benefits.
I've collected unemployment a total of 4 months in my entire life (last year).

Things were going great with the new job at first. I was hired by this company for a permanant position and I was happy to be off unemployment and feeling good.
I gave my 100%, and then some, to this company who did nothing but lie to me for 8 month, use me and then they threw me away like an old rag when we were headed into the coldest month of the winter (heating costs in mind). I also ended up having to pay $1,800 in taxes because of the income I made at my lovely new job, so I paid for my unemployment last year Confused

Back to applying for unemployment Rolling Eyes

When I get there at the unemployment office, they tell me that my payments will be delays because I quit one job for another. This is when I said "yeah, but I quit my part time job for a full time job and I would have been on unemployment much sooner if I hadn't quit my part time job and that I was trying to do the right thing in getting off of unemployment". She then tells me that that doesn't matter, it'll still take time.

So, not only did this company lie to me and cheat me out of the benefits I worked so hard for (4 months away from my full benefits and raise), but the government is punishing me as well for trying to do the right thing.

I haven't recieved a penny of income in 3 1/2 months and I am so very unbelievably pissed off!!!!

I go to the government canada site daily to check the status of my claim, so Saturday I checked and was excited to see that my claim was sent to the main computer for processing, but when I checked it today, it was gone. Now I see the same thing I've been looking at for the last quarter of the year, which is "we have recieved your application and you will be notified when a decision is made".
I've also received 7 notices in the mail saying "we are working on your claim and a decision will be made soon".

I don't consider 3 1/2 months to be "soon" and I'm so sick and Fuking tired of be lied too, used and just plain **** on!!!!

Whoever said it pays to do the right thing, hasn't walked a mile in my shoes. I've spent my entire life trying to do the right thing, but every fuking time I turn around, I'm pulling a knife out of my back.

This just sucks and it's very discouraging, to say the least.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,210 • Replies: 22
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:14 am
well, thats because doing the right thing DOESN'T pay. They say that so people want to be "good workers".

i feel for you, i lost my job last year and was seriously thinking about becoming a car theif to pay my bills. It sucked but i held fast in my belief of not infrining on other peoples property and didnt do it.(though i honestly think should have done it anyway)

So far what i got was moving back in with my father, bad credit and malnourishment for a few months.

But at least now i have a good job. which i wouldnt have found unless i was fired, a job that will actually help me with my true interests and skills.
So in the long run im better off, and im sure you will be too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:22 am
Thanks OGIONIK! I'm so glad you found a great job out of it all and it gives me some hope that maybe something good will come out of this for me as well.
It's just that every time I start getting somewhere in life, I get the rug ripped out from under me. I know I'm not the only one with this miserable curse, but I'm sure getting emotionally exausted from it.

I feel like I'm on this evil ride that won't let me off.

<Takes several deep breaths>

Thanks again OGIONIK :-D
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:59 am
That is infuriating!

How's chances of getting a new job up there?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:06 am
Montana--

Hold your dominion.

Will your back unemployment appear eventually as a lump sum?
0 Replies

Zayrina

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:22 am
I am so sorry you are having such bad luck.

It does always seem that no good deed goes unpunished.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:24 am
I should never have put that 'doormat' sign on Montana's back.

I thought someone here would have taken it off by now.

What the hell is wrong with you people?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 11:37 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

Hold your dominion.

Will your back unemployment appear eventually as a lump sum?

Thanks (((((((Noddy)))))))) Trying to hang on to that dominion :-)

Unfortunately, there's no lump sum. They'll start by throwing me a weeks worth of unemployment (nice tease, eh Rolling Eyes ) and then I have to wait another 2 weeks before my bi-weekly checks roll in Rolling Eyes .

<sigh>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 11:37 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I should never have put that 'doormat' sign on Montana's back.

I thought someone here would have taken it off by now.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

I should have known it was all your fault Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 11:39 am
Zayrina wrote:
I am so sorry you are having such bad luck.

It does always seem that no good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks so much and welcome to A2K :-D
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 12:10 pm
That really sucks, Montana. What are your prospects looking like? Anybody hiring around there?

Oh, and I love a juicy tale, so feel free to dish on the prior employers.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:58 pm
My plans at the moment are to go back to school on a program offered by the government to people who have an open unemployment claim, which I'm still waiting for.
My only problem as far as finding a job is that I would have to travel 2 hours a day just to get to anything similar to what I was doing or anything else I might be interested in.
I wanted peace and quite, so I headed for the boonie and as much as I love the peace and quiet, jobs are not abundant unless I do that 2 hour daily road trip.
My future plans consist of going back to work for myself because at least I can trust myself. I swore to myself that I'd never start another business, but if this is the kind of evil **** I have to put up with from the companies around here, I'll take the headaches of a business anyday and I'll make a hell of a lot more money for my hard work than I'll ever make working for liars and users.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:07 pm
I just recently read that our Premiers (governer to you guys) father is a director in the company, so that would explain all the lies and the $250,000 grant they just recieved from the government.
I could sit here for hours and tell about all the safety hazzards I've witnessed in that place and then some.

I could really cause some trouble for them Twisted Evil

I could, but I won't because it's not worth the frustration and I've never one for revenge.

But, if anyone should ask me any questions about them, I won't lie to them.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:11 pm
that sucks montana, i know the joys of canada's unemployment system (luckily not to well, but well enough)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
((((((((Montana))))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:33 pm
Thanks djjd. The thing that blows my mind is that the government is punishing me for trying to get off unemployment and the rest of the folks who seem to know how to finagle the system are all nice and cozy with their free government cash after working only 420 hours out of the year Rolling Eyes I worked over 2000 hours last year, but only needed 420 to qualify. Go figure Rolling Eyes
The government must like people collecting unemployment around here because the ones who are trying desperately to get off of it are obviously treated like ****, so why bother working full time if they feel that way, is how I imagine people feel and why they continue with their seasonal jobs.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:33 pm
Thanks ((((((((Bill))))))))
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:37 pm
Just two things I want to say:
In society we must have laws right. But ideally laws should only be guidlines, and not blindly adhered to regardless of the situation, which is unfortunately the system adopted in democracies today. This stance must be taken as judgement of the essence of laws (what they are meant to acheive) is subjective and open to the myriad human fallibilities. Whether blanket laws to be strictly adhered to solves this problem is moot. You seem to be a victim of such iron-cast laws, the few individuals will necessarily be dis-advantaged to various degrees as long as such a sytem is in place. (Un)fortunately this appears to be the best system available to the democracy. Something also must be said of public perception of the law but I think I've said enough on this point.

Secondly, when have we ever expected government to be expeditious! As if government workers care for the droves of inane paperwork that comes their way. As if big corporations care for the employee!

I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for you Montana, the good guy always gets screwed somewhere down the line.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:48 pm
Thanks Quincy. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the story of my life. I'm running out of rugs for people to rip out from under me and I'm running out of ways to vent my anger.

The sooner I can get away from the government and their friends, the better off I'll be. Next job I get I'll make damn sure there isn't a politician behind the wheel in the company and enen then it'll only be long enough for me to set myself up to work for myself.

<deep breaths>
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:57 pm
[quote="Montana]
Unfortunately, there's no lump sum. They'll start by throwing me a weeks worth of unemployment (nice tease, eh Rolling Eyes ) and then I have to wait another 2 weeks before my bi-weekly checks roll in Rolling Eyes .

<sigh>[/quote]

Wait, are you saying that they won't be reimbursing you for the time it took them to process it?

Wha da...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do I have 'Doormat' written on me somewhere?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:56:17