Do I have 'Doormat' written on me somewhere?

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:01 pm
That's exactly what I'm saying, including the "what the..."! <sigh>
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:07 pm
Wow!

That sucks to no end. (huh, Canada)
Can you call someone?

Times like this, well, they make you think, don't they?
I'm sure you are going to find a happy solution.
It just takes some creative thinking.
Working for yourself doesn't sound that bad.
Can you work for yourself and stay in the boonies?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:22 pm
I could call the unemployment office to inquire, but I'm afraid that it'll make things worse. I don't want my paperwork to accidentally fall behind someones desk ;-)

Business wise I've been pondering this far as long as I've been here (7 years) and I have a few things in mind, including starting another taxi business (I had one in the states), but since I want to try something new that I actually enjoy, like construction.
I love working with wood (always have) and I'm really good at doing all kinds of finish work and since my father and most of my uncles were contractors and builders, I've learned a lot of cool stuff over the years.
I'd like to go back to school to take a basic carpentry course, get my heavy equipment operators license and maybe squeeze in a masonry course.

My future goal would be to buy houses cheap that are in need of work, fix them up and sell. This is something I've thought about doing for many years now and I'm ready to run with it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:26:27