Good taste never goes out of style.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 02:33 pm
Neither do pink flamingo lawn ornaments . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 02:34 pm
EXCELLENT!

I bought four last year for our Buffett pool party and someone made off with them. Was afraid I'd never be able to get them again.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 02:39 pm
I have a metal one. Hubby hates it and would throw it out if he thought I wouldn't notice.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 02:53 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I have a metal one. Hubby hates it and would throw it out if he thought I wouldn't notice.

Metal!!???
Well, I can see his point.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 03:33 pm
George--

Thank you for the news. Pink flamingos have an important place in American Lawn Art. They provide visual interest between January when the Christmas Decorations come down and November when the Christmas decorations go up.

Will it still be possible to buy Santa's sleigh pulled by eight nimble flamingos?

Mass Produced Individuality is here to stay.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 04:26 pm
mrs. sealpoet's related to the original patent-holders. when the sealpoets' were married, they had 150 pink flamingos as deco in their yard - they were given to guests as souvenirs

when a bunch of us visited the sealpoets five years ago, we got to see the last members of the wedding flock

<it's a favourite memory>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
my tomato garden;
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/218/518253789_c61d116754.jpg
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 11:51 pm
Flamingos are something I've never owned. Somehow, they just don't seem all that apropos a few miles from the Continental Divide.
0 Replies

McMavis

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 12:05 am
Fabulous I just today bought new flip flops turquoise blue with flamingos on them. I will be visiting friends in Florida next week and I bought them to honor Florida traditions.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 12:26 am
I've told this story a few times before on a2k. In my last city of residence, I had been slowly transforming my own back and front yard and fairly extensive sideyard, to fit my design, on a low budget. Let's say the front yard looked miserable for quite a while. Then someone staked a pink flamingo right near the front steps...

I figured it was the sardonic mailman, who kept saying to me, so, "you're a landscape architect, eh?" I saw it, flushed at the insult, and tossed it in the trash.

About a week later, I learned there was some breast cancer awareness crusade, something to do with a radio program, that involved passing a flamingo on and sending in money....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 08:39 pm
What a disappointment. From the name of this thread, I expected another Dys & Phoenix name-calling contest. Oh well... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 08:53 pm
Eva wrote:
What a disappointment. From the name of this thread, I expected another Dys & Phoenix name-calling contest. Oh well... Rolling Eyes
pink flamingos clash with blue hair.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 09:31 pm
Flamingos for a wedding photo
Laughing
0 Replies