7 kids at 20 years old.

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 01:18 pm
Story here

Quote:
When it comes to children, one Dallas mother knows about having them in pairs.

The odds are one in 500,000 but she's giving birth today to her third set of twins at Baylor University Medical Center.

But with the joy comes great challenges.

Inside the wood frame house, life resembles the nursery rhyme of the old woman who lived in a shoe.

But here, young mom Amanda Gonzales cares for four-year-old Natalie, three-year-old twins Adam and Sebastian and two-year-old twins Rachel and Raquel.

Two more twin girls are scheduled for a c-section birth today.

"I've always taken care of kids since I was little, I think that's where I got it. When I used to babysit a lot of kids, I wanted to have my own, a lot of kids," she said.

Gonzales enters the rare club of having fraternal twins three times.

She took no fertility drugs.

The father of the latest set of twins hopes he's ready.

"Just focus, trying to have my mind right. Try to have my mind right, you know," said Joshua Brown.

But with neither the 21-year-old father nor the 20-year-old mother employed - all the children are supported by welfare - the young family faces financial and emotional obstacles.

With the headlines fresh of the latest North Texas parent to kill her children, Amanda believes she can handle the stress - so does her mother.

"I've always talked to her and told her about it, if you ever get depressed that bad, you've got people you can you can talk to, your sister, your brother, her boyfriend," said Joan Gonzales.

But unlike nursery rhymes, reality in the end can be rough.

Welfare......

I dont know what to say...

these kids are not even legal drinking age and they have 7 kids.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,066 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 04:49 am
To the father of the "latest set" of twins:

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OBGYN_101/MyDocuments4/Text/Contraception/Condom2.jpg

Joe(don't go anywhere near her unless you have one on.)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 05:51 am
Quote:
"I've always talked to her and told her about it, if you ever get depressed that bad, you've got people you can you can talk to, your sister, your brother, her boyfriend," said Joan Gonzales.

Shocked

I've always told her she can go talk to someone else?

Why didn't she say I've always told her she can come talk to me...?

Seven kids. Wow!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 12:18 pm
I was working at a hospital in Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1972, when a woman came in who had legally married at age 14 in North Carolina. She was by then 31 years of age. Her gravidity was 15, and her parity was 13. That meant this was her fifteenth pregnancy, and that she had previously delivered 13 live births in 14 pregnancies. Never met the husband--hope for the sake of the kids that he had a good job.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 12:27 pm
Setanta wrote:
I was working at a hospital in Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1972, when a woman came in who had legally married at age 14 in North Carolina.

Reason #545 why I'll never move to North Carolina.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 12:28 pm
I am sure that North Carolina, if it knew, would be relieved. However, the odds are pretty good that they are indifferent--which i would consider a reasonable reaction to Kicky.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 12:36 pm
I watched a program the other day about a couple who adopted Twins from Russia, only to learn that the kids had two sets of twin siblings still in Russia. They were horrified to learn that the girls and boys had been sent to separate orphanages; and with hardly a second thought or consideration of the expense set off on a 5 figure adventure to adopt the additional children. After much worry and whoa, they were successful and arrived home to learn the small town they lived in had adopted them for the trouble. A massive expansion of their house was in progress, by volunteer carpenters using donated materials. Twas among the more moving human interest stories I've ever seen.
0 Replies