My dog is weaking me up at night lately...what can I do?

Venecia

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:51 pm
I think my dog is getting use to wake me up around 3 or 4 am lately. My husband think that she may be sick, but i have the feeling that it is just manipulation. She goes around my side of the bed and starts making noise to wake me up. It is getting to the point that I have to sleep in another room because I get very disappointed. I do not pay attention at her because she does not seem to be sick. She does not do it during the day. She is getting old, is about 7 years and my husband is concern about her food(wich is the same), or because she is getting older (wich I don't think...well, it is getting very difficult for my husband and me. I have to go to work in the morning but when the dog does that, I get very upset and can not sleep anymore. i really need help with this. Please let me know what you think. Last night i got up and told her "No!... stop it!!". and she did it again about one hour later, my husband putted her in the work room and she stared scratching the door...I hate this, because he thinks it is just because she needs to go and I think she is just getting use to it...why she does not do it during the day?... or why she did not do it before? If someone can help me I would really appreciate it. My husband spoils her to much, and I don't want to have problems because of it, like I don't want to sleep in another room just because of he is not strong enough to do something about it. thank you very much if you can help me.

Venecia.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 452 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:58 pm
are you sure she doesn't just have to go out? Did you let her out when she did that?

is she drinking more? may diabetes be involved? in any case, especially since she's aging, it sounds like a good time for a vet checkup, to see if everything is ok with her.

as far as your husband goes - why does he have to do something about it? It seems that it bothers you more than him. Is he the problem or the dog? In any case, my first instinct would be to let the dog go outside.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 06:49 am
Take her to the vet. She could have a bladder infection and have trouble holding her urine all night long.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 06:52 am
Venecia wrote:
Last night i got up and told her "No!... stop it!!". and she did it again about one hour later,

I've had similar experiences. Stuff gets sore after awhile.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:54 am
Take the dog to the veterinarian for a check-up.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 10:15 am
My dog, who is 13, and who has free access to the yard at any time, has had two episodes like this.

In the first case it was because a mother racoon started bringing her babies into the garage to eat every night. We blocked the racoons from coming in -- problem solved.

In the second case it was a neighbor whose work schedule had changed and he began to arrive home in the wee hours. Once she got used to the new schedule it no longer disturbed her.

With an older dog small changes in routine can be upsetting.

Could it be something like this?
0 Replies