Electronic Transfers

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:29 pm
littlek, I was at the flea market this morning and purchased several bras of the highest quality. I had planned on using the bras as industrial slingshots from which to propel lethal projectiles at trespassers but since you have exhibited a need for such apparel I would gladly abandon my project and send aforementioned items to your apartment.

Your address, please.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:31 pm
What size are they?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:34 pm
They appear to be about your size. The cups would comfortably hold a couple of grapefruits.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:38 pm
There's more to bra size than grapefruits.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:47 pm
I knew you were going to get technical. Why do women always hold that "holier-than-thou" attitude when discussing bras?

Jesus Friggin Christ!

Ok... you got me. I am not about to run upstairs and rummage through my flea market finds and look to see WHAT THE DETAILS ARE ON THE BRAS!!

The thing is, Kris, I sensed that you were in need and I tried to help.

And you throw this **** in my face.

I.........am...........hurting......... right now
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:37 pm
Are they underwire?

Red grapefruit or pink?

Seedless?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:21 pm
I found another bra I can alternate with until I buy a new one. I hate bra shopping. Which is another reason why I am down to one ratty one and one that doesn't fit right.

Just a couple more days until the big payday......
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:59 pm
littlek,
I just wanted to say, I've been there. Where there's no money, eating ramen noodles, not buying anything extra, selling possessions to pay bills...

The advice you are getting is great!

The job I have now, is full time only for a short time. There are times when I don't know when my next job will be... I've been doing this now for 9 years. (When I do work, it's usually 10-12 hour days, so the year balances out to what a normal 40 hour week would equal, but I get chunks of time off. That's great, unless I'm worried about money!)

For me, I became a money hoarder in the days after college and have stuck with it, partly because of the job I now have, but also because, I think at this point, it's the only way I know.

For me, setting up a monthly budget, that included all the yearly expenses divided by 12, was a huge help. I knew exactly how much I needed to make a month.
Then, I decided I needed a "cushion", I picked three months income as that cushion. (because of my job)

It took me a long time to get there. Knowing how much you need to make helps. It'll also make you take a look at your lifestyle, your job and if it's all compatible with how you want to live.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:20 pm
I have been finishing the food I thought I might never eat - frozen pasta, canned soups, old frozen vegie burgers, etc. It's a good thing, I suppose.

I'll try to make a 12-month average budget. I'll try to tuck the extra I've have over the warmer months away to help fund the colder months.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:25 pm
It sucks at first, but then you get used to it.
Then some more time passes and you find it easier to save for the big things, and then the big fun things!

And you still have the "cushion"!

(it's worth it)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:26 pm
The cushion may be hard to fluff up.

Do you do free-lance work?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:35 pm
The cushion took a long time...

Now, I keep cushioning the cushion!
I need a new furnace (boring!), and new roof on the garage (even duller) and would like a new used car (thinking that will have to wait another year, will be taking two cheap trips to the beach instead -hey! it's cheaper than the car I'd like!)

I'm a scenic painter on movies. An all around painter the rest of the time...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:40 pm
Sounds like a great job - if you can handle the sporadicness.

I just need to get through the next year (hopefully just a year, maybe not even a year) until I'm done with grad school and a certified teacher. When I get a permanent job I'll have higher pay and benefits.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:43 pm
Great! so it just has to suck for the next year! A year is easy! Especially since you had said that you were pretty much debt free, right?

Just worry about the budget then, worry about the cushion later!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:36 pm
caribou, it sounds like you and I share the same outlook on finances. Something you said on the last page about "getting used to it" I have a feeling you'd go even further, even passed "it's not that bad", all the way to "I'm fine with it"

Living tight, if you have too, then living frugally, because you want to, gives a person the opportunity to awaken to what's really important in their lives.

Now, being without health care would suck, but ya know what? a lot of stuff just becomes unimportant.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:12 pm
Yeah, Chia, I am fine with it.
But I can remember how bad it did suck there for a while... and while I don't crave alot of "things" nowadays,
(Okay, maybe some craving for some things.... but I gots responsibilities first)
I know how it feels like to have to go without seemly simple pleasures.
And how that can suck to no end. Everyone deserves a new bra once in a while.

But, hey, littlek seems to have some sorta end in sight. That has to help.
Much worse when you can't see the end.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:25 pm
A new bra and a 6 pack of beer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:32 pm
Changing how I shop for groceries made all the difference for me.

No brand name products, no organic-rip-off products. If I can get a good deal at a farmer's market or corner market, I'll buy there - otherwise it's the no-frills type of store. I could never afford to shop at the "health food" type-store. The mark-ups are too high, especially when I learned that I could find the same products elsewhere. Now that I can afford to shop there, I won't.

About 10 extra minutes of driving, in total, over a week, leads to a 15 - 25% reduction in my overall grocery bill.

I live by the grocery flyers. If they're not here by 7 p.m. Friday, I'm checking them online.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:53 pm
HA! Caribou thinks a furnace and roof are boring! Try ploppin' down $45-$75for a damn constraint that isn't even frilly or attractive and that no one else is even gonna see.

I hate buying bra's. I have two. My previous two were 8 years old before I could bring myself to spending that much again. It's not like they require high tech development and production. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 03:15 am
I hate bras too. It took me a looooong time to find one I could wear all day long, sweat in and not want to take off and choke someone with.

Here it is: Moving Comforts Daylite bra.
http://www.movingcomfort.com/Images/716220.jpghttp://www.titlenine.com/images/us/local/products/detail/310113_dt.jpg

I order online.
0 Replies