coal production

tintin

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:06 am
here is a coal production graph

http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0032ca1.jpg

can anybody tell , what are these Raw coal , clean coal and middling coal ?

i guess ..my be the first dig up coal is raw coal which might contain garbages ...then its made clean ...so Its Clean coal production and finally it becomes middling coal ( what is it ?)

and also they have given 3 category prime coking coal , Medium coking coal

what are these ? is that used for only cooking ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 751 • Replies: 8
No top replies

tintin

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:07 am
img tag not working ! ...strange ...i thought image will come inline
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:20 am
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/7686/scan0032ca1.jpg
0 Replies

tintin

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:29 pm
thanks for the response.

Mr xingu ...how did you add the image ? i also used the IMG tag but it did not display .

How did you get it ?

And to everyone, someone please tell me , how this coal washeries are functioning as per the chart .
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:10 am
I'm not sure why yours didn't come up. However, before you post anything hit the preview button to see how it will look when you do post.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 07:35 pm
Tintin:

You may find this report of some interest:

Coal Production in China

I know very little about coal. Coke is made from coal and is used in industrial metal making factories because it burns hotter and longer than regular coal.

Coke

Joe(it's not used in cooking)Nation
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 06:49 pm
Coke is coal that has been heated in a retort to drive off mostly hydrogen and sulfur compounds. The more or less pure carbon that remains burns hot and cleanly enough to be used to manufacture steel.

The invention of coke drove our local charcoal manufacturers out of business as charcoal manufacture is merely the heating of wood in a retort driving off the compounds that burn at too low a temperature or too dirtily to be used in iron and steel manufacture.

One by product of the "coking process" is producer gas which was widely known as city gas up till the mid forties.

Coke, a very porus material, (high surface area per volume) is also used in filtration systems similar to the "activated" charcoal filters that you use in your cigarettes, aquariums, and room filters.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 11:52 am
The US has as high a percentage of the world coal supply as the Middle East has oil, but we seem to refuse to develop it. Incidentally, one of the best sources of coal that is virtually sulfur-free is in southern Utah, now smack in the middle of the Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument. I wonder why Senator Byrd supported the creation of this off-limits designation so fully.
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 03:52 pm
Does make you wonder but lets face it, that's why we hired him!

A senator is supposed to be a member of the "United States Senate" but when we went to direct election of senators things like this happen Crying or Very sad

Seriously Senator Byrd, one of only two senators to vote against the "Patriots Act" incidentally, would have been remiss in his duty to West Virginians if he had not attempted (successfully we might note) to lock up most other coal mining in the US.

If he was indeed a United States Senator perhaps he'd have different feelings about it.

A big plus is that if it's locked up we can unlock it whenever we want.
Nothing is quite as ephemeral as a politician's promises, and locked up forever means only until there is sufficient public support for unlocking it. This will come about due to mostly economic factors and for all practical purposes politicians will not have much to do with it. (Whatever they themselves think)

When government becomes intolerable to the governed it will be replaced. The art of politics is bringing events to just before that point. Crying or Very sad

To wit: Magna Carta, French revolution, Orange revolution, fall of the Berlin Wall, Bolshevik revolution, the War in Indochina. In all these and many more examples when the governors become intolerable they were replaced. Elections merely allow politicians to be replaced with their heads still attached. Perhaps this is not a plus Smile . Unfortunately there is an awful tendency of persons who would be governors to become intolerable Exclamation
0 Replies