Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:21 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 850 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Quincy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 03:31 pm
Well what was their property value like before? A few bodies will probably serve the same purpose as a "farm". Trust Texans to call it a farm.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 04:54 pm
Quincy--

The original laboratory in Tennessee has always been known as The Body Farm. Dead bodies are "planted"--and some are left exposed--at different times of the year under different conditions to provide benchmarks of decay--very useful for forensic science.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 05:07 pm
Quincy wrote:
Well what was their property value like before? A few bodies will probably serve the same purpose as a "farm". Trust Texans to call it a farm.

San Marcos (or, "San Marcus" for those who live here) is about 20 miles south of Austin. About half way between Austin and San Antonio.

Property values going up pretty good, since a lot of people who don't want to pay the prices in either city can commute.

Frankly, I loathe and despise San Marcos, and decomposing bodies are too good for it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:40 pm
If ever there was a NIMBY cause... Most people would probably pick a maximum-security prison over a body farm. I know I would.

I've read about the one in Tennessee. Very useful work. Nothing I would want to do, or live next door to, but useful.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:47 pm
I wouldn't mind living upwind of a Body Farm. Sure, the population is transient, but the pre-selection guarantees nice, quiet folks.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:50 pm
Yeah, I know -- "people are dying to get in."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:29 pm
Patiodog--

Puns!

My aunt spent a year or so at the body farm in Knoxville before what was left was cremated. She would have been a good neighbor in life and death.
0 Replies