0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:47 am
Surprised
babies!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:23 pm
Poor birds probably can't get the song out of their heads. Can't you people teach 'em the words?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 06:50 pm
Yeahhhhh, my first sighting was just a few minutes ago. I'm so excited.
My feeder hangs from a hanging basket that has red flowers that look like miniature petunias. He started on one of those and moved to the feeder.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 06:57 pm
If I was a bird and I wanted another bird to fellate me, I would probably go with the hummingbird.

Or possibly an ostrich.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:09 pm
I don't think birds have penis'.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:22 pm
I had a balcony with a hummingbird feeder when I was in San Antonio. When I realized they really would come and feed and put on a show without hardly showing any fear of me watching, it was a giddy kind of feeling.
Such delicate, marvelous little things...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:25 pm
What was really special was a few years ago when I was watering my flower garden one swooped down and drank.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:28 pm
I visited Dys and Diane one day, a month or so ago, and was looking at their front yard garden, this and then that... and they they pointed just above my head in the tree to the wee nest...

I think I saw only one baby bird then. Ooooooooh...

That picture is so neat, Dys.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 08:23 pm
Marty Baker, hooray! They are such little beauties, it's always exciting to see them up close. (BTW, I do think they have a penis, it would naturally be almost microscopic.)

Hey Gus, my advice would be go with the ostrich--in terms of personality and vigor--just watch out for the legs...

Snood, try wearing a red shirt--they are fearless little critters and very curious. They have flown right up into Dys' face and mine, cruise and study, looking us up and down, then zoom away. I'm sure red is their favorite color.

They will face up to anything they consider a threat. They have a funny little chirp that is unmistakably fussy when they are bothered. When we got too close to the nest last year, she would hover, chirping, chitting, doing all in her little repertoire to cuss us out. This year, she was so used to us that she cooly ignored us and went on about her business.

I think some of you will understand when I say that we felt elated and honored by the presence of these tiny jewels who decided to nest in our front yard.
0 Replies