Why Are Children Maturing Earlier?

Ragman

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 10:53 pm
Also, for us baby boomers, we seem to get GERD a lot. I look around at myself and my friends and more than half of us over 50 have reflux problems that require medication to make life enjoyable. So there's a problem with gastric juices and/or digestion, too. This could be serveral reasons...distress, poor nutrition, bad dietary choices from far too few whole foods. Procsessed and high fatty food choices surround us.

The soil (an inveterate organic gardener) always seems to need good organic fetrtilizer as the acid-rain make it too acidic and killing off good bacteria. The life (good bacteria) in the soil gets depleted and as a result less enzymatic actitivty going on in the food so, in the gut, not as much nutrition is getting released. We are filling up...but not with healthy nutrifying food. Full bloated stomachs but not lots of energy. The lack of exercise, and 4-10 hours per day of staring at a monitor is a whole other issue too.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 02:59 am
dupre wrote-

Quote:
I think our nutrition is worse than ever. The soil has no nutrients in it. It's depleted. Our distribution process further deteriorates the nutrition in the food we grow, because of delays from soil to market, delays that did not exist before, when food was picked and eaten the same day. Vegetables lose 50% of their nutritional value within one--that's one!--quick hour from the soil. And our soil is already depleted. That's why we have to use so much pesticide, our crops are weakened and easy prey for insects and disease.

And what do you think caused those factors to become operational?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 04:01 am
I THINK YOULL FIND THE ANSWER IN QUALITY VERSUS QUANTITY

today is about quantity, gone are the days of caring about people and creating quality products. everything is for maximum profit and society is suffereing the consequences. cheaper food is less nutritional, its grown for yield. we are what we eat as they say, and we are eating garbage.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 04:38 am
That's another version of shifting the blame away from yourself onto bogeymen.

I don't eat garbage.

The farmers and the distribution system will provide what we ask for.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:00 am
Yes, i blame myself for societies problems! and the use of growth hormones! Is bogeymen what they call farmers trying to maximize profits?

some people arent educated enough to realise they are eating garbage.

Or have money to buy organic foods.( yes they are more expensive, suprisingly!) and this is what most farmers provide, cheap food.

there are many things you arent taking into account.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:08 am
Why do you want cheap food when actually there is no such thing?

If there was no profit motive there would be no farmers.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:35 am
Profit isnt bad, ballooning profit by delivering lower-quality food is unethical. Sometimes food is even given poisonous additives.(I.E. the pet food incident, are you supporting this?)

But i guess it doesnt matter that people(or pets) eat it, i mean they should know better, right? I mean if a company didnt deliver a quality product, one that was possibly harmful even, they would want potential customers to know , right? So they would avoid purchasing the product. right?

and then we leave fantasy land into the realm of reality. winner takes all , survival of the fittest, capitalism. Making a comfortable living for yourself isnt bad, straight up greed is. the only time a company cares if they are harming people is if there is a monetary reprecussion ( a goverment fine etc..)

im not sure why you would support profit at the cost of quality goods and services but maybe i should change my views, seeing as money is everything nowdays.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:22 pm
You make your own decisions mate.

Good luck.

You want to buy the junk you eat crap. That's your affair.
0 Replies