Awright; who took my truck?

patiodog

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:42 am
Good point, Montana. It being a Ford, the combined value of the gas and tool box are probably greater than that of the truck...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:43 am
No doubt Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:53 am
First, the damn gas was probably run out the first ten minutes. This is a Ranger super cab, automatic. Meaning, if you want to drive on a single tank you have to fit a siphon hose to a 55 gal drum in the back. Second, of course it's a piece of shi- -dootie. But, it was all I had to use on my job. Now, mrs edgarblythe will have to drive me in before going about her routine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:56 am
Edgar, I guess I hadn't taken you seriously last night. I'm sorry it was stolen. Sometimes it's not so much about the thing that was stolen as it is that some one actually stole from you. When it's happened to me (not often) it's made me feel depressed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:58 am
"Humor: THe Best Medicine." Now, who said that? Apart from me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:07 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Hopefully, the fleas have expired.

I called the law and my insurance company. The law finally came, after about two or maybe three hours. The officer informed me I can't turn it in stolen, because the lien holder still has the title. The lien holder couldn't be contacted. I left a message on his phone and sent him an email. I will resume trying to contact him at eight AM. So, the car is not listed as stolen, and the thief has had twelve hours free use so far.

I thought Barney and Andy lived in North Carolina.....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:13 am
Just yanking your chain, eb. Hopefully it works out for you. I came out ahead in a total-loss insurance payout a few years back. I hope you get the same (if you don't get the truck back).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:15 am
Just between you and me, patiodog, I hate that truck. A good payoff would be my favorite solution.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 11:44 am
bummer, i just saw this after seeing letty's mention of it on WA2K

sending some good thoughts to edgar, and some decidedly evil ones towards the perps
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 12:54 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Just between you and me, patiodog, I hate that truck. A good payoff would be my favorite solution.

I had a truck like that to that was totalled in an accident and I was glad to take the $ and buy my nice white camaro :-D I loved that car and was very sad to see her go.

Good luck with everything, Edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 12:59 pm
Thanks, Montana and everybody who voiced concern. I have been trying to speak with the man who holds the title to the truck since last night. He turned off his cell phone, and his kids informed me he's out of town. Officially, the truck's not stolen.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 03:18 pm
Re: Awright; who took my truck?
edgarblythe wrote:
I was watering in some flea poison in my yard this evening, going in and out. My truck was stolen right out from under my nose. Whoever did it had it and gone in no more than a couple of minutes. What I want to know is, who took it? Who are the usual suspects? I don't think it was reyn. [...]

I'm flattered that my name came up first, hehe!

Well, I'm not really a truck man, and besides, we only get one parking space here in my townhouse complex, and we love our Echo hatchback. Laughing

I hope you get a good reimbursement for the vehicle.

Let us know how it all turns out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:22 pm
I'm so sorry to hear this, edgar. What a hassle!

On the other hand, maybe you'll get something you like better with the insurance money.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:54 pm
One can only hope.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:17 am
Perhaps the lien holder used your wheels for his trip?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:32 am
Turns out, I owe the last 2 payments to an individual, who was supposed to be a friend. I had to spend some unexpected money on my wife's operation, making me late on paying. He had a wrecker take it. Instead of giving me a chance to make it up, I have reason to believe he took it to Louisiana and sold it that same day.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:49 am
Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:50 am
Jeeeez!!! Nice friend, eh! Confused
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:56 am
Clinton did it ...2828
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:57 am
edgar, how awful!

He could have at least told you what he had done so you didn't call the cops and insurance company. Nice friend, indeed.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:25:21