Awright; who took my truck?

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:18 pm
I was watering in some flea poison in my yard this evening, going in and out. My truck was stolen right out from under my nose. Whoever did it had it and gone in no more than a couple of minutes. What I want to know is, who took it? Who are the usual suspects? I don't think it was reyn. Not even gus or littlek. But, I intend to find out. It is a gray 2000 Ford Ranger, with a rack behind the cab, and a tool box. Automatic. I appeal to you all to keep your eyes open for it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,607 • Replies: 63
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:30 pm
Are you sure I didn't steal it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:36 pm
Absolutely, littlek. It's elementary. I deduced that Boston is too far to come in so short a time, therefore, you could not have done it.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:37 pm
How much gas was in the tank ?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:41 pm
I had just put in $20 dollars worth. It was about half full.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:51 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I had just put in $20 dollars worth. It was about half full.

Well, that explains everything.

$20 dollars won't get you to New Mexico, but it will, in fact get you to heaven.

Your truck has been rapturized.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:56 pm
We are close enough to the Mexican border, it might have been imported there by now. A fairly common occurrence.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:41 pm
I guess I'm lucky, no one wants an old denty Volvo. I've even been known to leave the windows partly open by mistake. My neighbors semi new Jeep was taken a few weeks after she bought it, oh, five feet from my Volvo.

I'm sorry, Edgar, bummer.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:47 pm
Some years back, one of my brothers owned an old rust bucket truck. Ease off the gass pedal and it backfired loud enough to frighten people. It was stolen and no real effort was made to recover it.
0 Replies

AziMythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:55 pm
Re: Awright; who took my truck?
edgarblythe wrote:
I was watering in some flea poison in my yard this evening, going in and out. My truck was stolen right out from under my nose. Whoever did it had it and gone in no more than a couple of minutes. What I want to know is, who took it? Who are the usual suspects? I don't think it was reyn. Not even gus or littlek. But, I intend to find out. It is a gray 2000 Ford Ranger, with a rack behind the cab, and a tool box. Automatic. I appeal to you all to keep your eyes open for it.

Hey. Where did the fleas go?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 12:20 am
Azimythe, I can't remember at this hour if I or we ever welcomed you here. I enjoy your comments, and while sure we'll argue sometime, glad to have you on a2k, even 83 posts into it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 12:59 am
Edgar, bummer about the truck.

I'd offer to be on the lookout, but I doubt that it's gotten this far. Also, I don't know one vehicle from another, so I wouldn't be much help at all. Well, I do know the differerence between and truck and a nontruck. But we're rapidly approaching the limits of my vehicular knowledge.

Is a person insured for theft? Are the police looking? I hope this doesn't cause too much difficulty for you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 06:29 am
Hopefully, the fleas have expired.

I called the law and my insurance company. The law finally came, after about two or maybe three hours. The officer informed me I can't turn it in stolen, because the lien holder still has the title. The lien holder couldn't be contacted. I left a message on his phone and sent him an email. I will resume trying to contact him at eight AM. So, the car is not listed as stolen, and the thief has had twelve hours free use so far.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:28 am
Oh geez!

Hope your truck turns up and is unharmed... that sucks.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:34 am
I wanna know where you got half a tank of gas for $20!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:34 am
Has anyone seen Gus lately?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:36 am
Well, it may have been a bit less than half a tank. Those guages are never accurate. We pay about $2.78 gal.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:39 am
Looks like the law is giving the theif plenty of time to make it up this way. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

Best of luck finding it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:40 am
I may've told this on the boards before, but the sister's ex-fiance had his old rusted Subaru Brat pickup stolen from his driveway while he ate breakfast. (It was there when he went out to get the paper, it was gone when he went back out to go to work.)

He figured there was no retrieving it -- strange enough that someone would steal such a thing, but stranger still that it wouldn't be chopped -- so he took his meager insurance money (why he had comprehensive on that thing, I'll never know) and put it down on a new Toyota Tacoma.

About six months later he gets a call from the cops. They've found his truck. He goes down to impound to retrieve it, and can barely recognize it. New paint. New interior. Very expensive new audio equipment -- which has no intact serial numbers, so no effort can be made to return it to its rightful owners even if the police were so inclined.

He sold it for more than he'd paid for it and kept the Tacoma. So far as I know, the insurance company was never informed that the vehicle was recovered.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:41 am
If I do find it, do you mind if I keep the gas? That stuff is as good as gold in these parts.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Awright; who took my truck?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.68 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:35:40