What are the best ipod speakers for outdoor party?

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:08 pm
I am supposed to bring the music for a large outdoor party this summer. I've been looking for speakers for my ipod nano, but I'm afraid the sound won't be good enough/loud enough for outdoor use. Does anyone have a suggestions for speakers? Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,849 • Replies: 4
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 05:01 pm
A boom box and a cassette adaptor.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 05:13 pm
It'll cost you 3 bucks to get a cord that plugs into your ipod on one side, and RCA Jacks to a real stereo on the other. Alternately; Belkin (and others) make a "tune cast FM transmitter" for around $30 that will convert your Ipod to an FM signal that can be picked up by any Stereo. Skip the Ipod speakers; they all suck for that purpose.

Ps. DrewDad; do you live in a cave? (what's a cassette?)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 08:19 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
It'll cost you 3 bucks to get a cord that plugs into your ipod on one side, and RCA Jacks to a real stereo on the other. Alternately; Belkin (and others) make a "tune cast FM transmitter" for around $30 that will convert your Ipod to an FM signal that can be picked up by any Stereo. Skip the Ipod speakers; they all suck for that purpose.

Ps. DrewDad; do you live in a cave? (what's a cassette?)

No cave. I'm just cheap.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 09:12 am
I don't know if you can even purchase a boom box or any player with a cassette deck in it anymore -- maybe used on Ebay or Amazon.

Many new AV receiver have an Ipod dock so you can directly play through a really good surround system. Portability is your need so if price is no object, this is the best one:

Harmon Kardon Ipod portable player
0 Replies