Why do my cats pee Around the House

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 03:49 pm
Lately our cats have been peeing in several areas of our house and we don't know how to stop them from doing that. Twisted Evil

It is also upsetting because my father wants to get rid of them if he catches them. Crying or Very sad

I have no clue what to do because I keep the kitty litter clean and I now use this stuff to help deodorize the smell in the kitty litter box. Question

If you have petstore suggestions and or household products that might help please tell me. Idea

Also anyone who has had problems with this dont be afraid to post here. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 998 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 03:55 pm
Have you considered Bi-Polar Bear's cat relocation service?
0 Replies

ddooall17

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:01 pm
None
No because I love my cat very much and dont want to get rid of him.
I dont think it is just him anyway because i think it is a female cat also in my house.

The pee is driving me nuts Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:04 pm
How old is your father ?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:32 pm
Re: Why do my cats pee Around the House
ddooall17 wrote:

I have no clue what to do because I keep the kitty litter clean and I now use this stuff to help deodorize the smell in the kitty litter box. Question

Maybe that's part of the problem?

Cats like to go where they've gone before. They note where they've gone before by smell. If their litter box is neutral-smelling, they may be less interested in going there. Maybe stop using the stuff to deodorize the smell in the box for a bit and see what happens.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:59 pm
Many reasons.

First off do a google search at google.com and be amazed at the hits. Better yet, call a vet now to rule out any health issues.

Moving right along...

I had a cat who urinated quite a bit prior to his de-balling. It's known as spraying in that case or marking a territory. The more feral a cat the more it is apt to do this but there are other reasons. Cats within the house before, an unfriendly location of the litter box (if it's in an area with a draft or bad odors-chemical or other).

Another reason my cat started to go outside the box was when he developed F.U.S. (Feline Urological Syndrome). Google search F.U.S. as well. It makes urinating difficult and then impossible leading to major health concerns for Cat and eventually death if it is not tended to. The good news is that he first developed this disease at about age 2 and lived another 17 years. The bad news is that it kept building up (the blockage) and more visits to the vet were necessary (beyond regular visits).

Sometimes it is a demented sign of love...my grandmother had a cat who chose the pillow of my grandmother's husband. The cat loved that man but you never would have known it from the soggy pillows.

See a vet now to rule out any health issues.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 09:17 pm
Yeah, I had problems with my young girl peeing and pooping in shoes and in my closet and in potted plants for a while.

So many things can cause a cat to start peeing other than the litter box.

I won't repeat the ones listed.

Common ones are: stress (this was why my cat did it, I'm quite sure)

So many things can stress a cat out! From introduction of new things, scents, or people in the home. Too many people coming in and out. Not having enough space for themselves. Too many cats in the house. Past abuse or even a skittish nature. Even moving furniture can do it!

He might be marking - that stinks horribly.

If several or more than one of your cats are doing it: it is probably stress.
Or possibly cheap food , or both.
0 Replies

blah blah blah

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 02:07 am
My cat did it cos it wanted to sing like a little burdie flying up high!!!! so i decided to take it to a mental hospital where it could sing like a burdie in the sky!!!! LALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
0 Replies

Jusme

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:29 am
My dogs also do the same thing...I also don't know the reason behind this!!!
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 09:57 pm
Some cats are just "dirty cats" and refuse to litter train. What I have done in the past is to sprinkle the offended area heavily with black pepper or cayenne pepper. Cats always sniff before they pee. If they get pepper up their nose they will not want to use that spot. The trick is to catch them sneezing and whisk them into the litter box. Another trick which works best on plants is tinfoil. They hate to scratch on tinfoil.
0 Replies