I've totally forgotten 9/11

Eorl

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:30 am
Tragedy + Time = Comedy.

Some folks need more time than others, 'specially those closer to it.

You gotta keep in mind the original statement was..."all jokes aside...." followed by a personal story... rather than "HOW DARE YOU MOCK....etc !!!"

No need for anyone to over-react that I can see.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:32 am
snood wrote:
GIVE ME A **** BREAK!!!!!
No one in their right mind thinks that those who were joshing in this thread would do anything to denigrate the memory of that day.
Why? Because you said so? How would someone know unless they knew the
people who made the jokes. There are people in the real world who make jokes about that day and they mean it. They happen to be in "their right mind" too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:36 am
Setanta wrote:
I haven't forgotten 911--i've got it on speed-dial, for when the Sweetiepie Girl gets out of hand . . .

I do hope that doesn't work in New York, in June.

Around 9/11 is MIL's birthday. Mrs. Walter always reminds me about this date. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:36 am
TTH wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

None of the jokes were aimed at what happened that day. I don't think any line was crossed. I am happy for you that you were not among the victims.

What exactly were the jokes aimed at then?

TTH, I'll answer two questions for you. First, a "nucular option" is a jab at the way the president mispronounces the word "nuclear."

Of course I can't read dys's mind, but I'm guessing that the jokes here were aimed at the thread you started, "Just to REMIND those who have forgotten 9/11." I read your thread. Your intention was to remind people of the president's speech (I believe). But the title of the thread set off a number of people, including me. I was offended at the suggestion that anyone could have or might have forgotten that day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:53 am
TTH wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

None of the jokes were aimed at what happened that day. I don't think any line was crossed. I am happy for you that you were not among the victims.

Swoosh . . .
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:55 am
Roberta wrote:
TTH wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

TTH, I'll answer two questions for you. First, a "nucular option" is a jab at the way the president mispronounces the word "nuclear."

Second, the jokes were aimed at the thread you started, "Just to REMIND those who have forgotten 9/11." I read your thread. Your intention was to remind people of the president's speech (I believe). But the title of the thread set off a number of people, including me. I was offended at the suggestion that anyone could have or might have forgotten that day.

Roberta thank you for answering my questions.

However, my intention was to remind people about the speech and that 9/11 wasn't just about a "day" that occurred. It involved a lot of issues.

Reality, some people could care less about that "day". It offends me also that people can be so callous, unfortunately they are. Those people I am talking about do know the general circumstances of that day but they couldn't tell you the "date" because they simply don't care.
These people are not my friends btw.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:57 am
TTH wrote
Quote:
Reality, some people could care less about that "day".

fascinating. anyone care to parse this construction for TTH?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:17 am
dyslexia wrote:
TTH wrote
Quote:
Reality, some people could care less about that "day".

fascinating. anyone care to parse this construction for TTH?

This is directly related to Bush's question: "Is our children learning?"
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:20 am
Laughing Laughing

and this:

"And my concern, David, is several." --George W. Bush, to NBC's David Gregory, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:24 am
or this one!

"Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to understand the consequences of words." --George W. Bush, interview with Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 1, 2006
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:44 am
snood wrote:
GIVE ME A **** BREAK!!!!!

No one in their right mind thinks that those who were joshing in this thread would do anything to denigrate the memory of that day.

Snood is right....(again we agree! We must stop this or people will start talking!)

This thread was in response to the totally ridiculous thread to "remind us" of 9/11. I think we all know which one I am referring to.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:47 am
It surprises me that this even had to be pointed out... "swoosh" is right.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:51 am
Mame wrote:
It surprises me that this even had to be pointed out... "swoosh" is right.

Well, some people are slower than others...we must remember that.

:wink: Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:51 am
ann coulter refering to wives of men who died on 9/11
Quote:
"I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:46 pm
Just for the record -- despite my personal connection to the 9/11/01 event, I was in no sense offended by the thread. I sincerely apologize if anyone got the impression that I was. Problem is, I hadn't (and haven't) seen the original of which this is a spoof. Makes all the difference in the world when you can put these things into context.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:50 pm
TTH, are you blonde?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:16 pm
SUBLIMINAL AD ALERT. The pretty lady in the turquoise bikini to the right of the A2k thread.(Shes in the ad that starts with "Spring back into love")
Theyve inserted a subliminal penus on her right thhigh, so the negative space between her legs is actually a phallic symbol. I must get a life.

ok back to your tearing little HTH apart.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 08:10 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
TTH, are you blonde?

Why do you ask?
Some of you start threads that offend me. I don't feel a need to mock you or put you down for it. If mocking me makes you feel better about yourself than I am happy for you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 08:28 am
Mindlessidiot: "...and so I was like, that's so disgusting. You should get that checked out, and he goes..."
Semi-saneperson: "Dude, shut the crap up. I'm in my happy place!"
(Mindless idiot continues rambling aimlessly until Semi-sane person smacks them with a bag of frozen fish sticks.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:58 am
Mmmmmmmm . . . fish sticks . . .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:17:17