A Penny for your thoughts....

fishin

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 12:59 pm
We've probably all heard this expression at one time or another. It's what our grandparents, parnets or maybe just a friend said when they wanted to know what was on your mind.

So, that's what this thread is all about. It isn't intended for long drawn out discussions or anything. You can use this thread to just blab out any thought that pops into your head.

Has anything struck your fancy? What whimsical things sail through your head when you are lost in your own thoughts? this is the place to just jot down in a line or two, all the good and/or pleasant things that you think or that may happen to you throughout your coming and going. Got a raise at work? Did you have a baby? Did someone do something nice for you today? Did you see something that made you smile?

The only condition on this is that in this thread the thoughts MUST be PLEASANT and/or POSITIVE. For those nattering nabobs of negativity please use "The Garbage Dump".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,429 • Replies: 40
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:12 pm
Woohoo! I'm first. lol

The trees are in fullcolor. I LOVE the fall. It's the best time of the year!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:59 pm
dizzy, full speed ahead, whirlwind, whirlpool, overdrive, overheated, overwhelmed, overacheived,overloaded.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:57 pm
I left that last post ran out to try and go to the bank, took about an hour for a 10 minute task, due to a bomb threat they are evacuating the University
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 03:03 pm
Iraq really will comply openly and honestly with the current UN resolution and war will be avoided.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:01 pm
http://www.msnbc.com/local/KHQ/M245625.asp
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:29 pm
fishin's walrus -- forever at the slightly uncomfortable and anticipatory edge of a good belch.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:39 pm
happy thoughts?
well, i've got happy dogs and that makes me happy, because they weren't happy when i adopted them.

i'm going to a trucking industry convention tomorrow. i think it's going to be very interesting, and interesting things make me happy.

i don't have a cold. that makes me very happy.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:44 pm
When I was separated, and living a miserable bachelor's existence I had a weekend visit with my (quite young) sons. We went for a walk and I found a penny on the street.

"See a penny pick it up
all the day you'll have good luck."
I told them how an old girlfriend of mine had said that whenever she spied a penny on the ground.

Fast forward eight years to the present. today I found a penny. Put it in an otherwise unused pocket to bring home to my wife.

My wife, the selfsame old girlfriend, also ound a penny today and brought it home to give to me!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:44 pm
SealPoets gathering for each other is a nice thought..what a great day for both of you!

How about a penny for your thoughts
A nickle for a kiss
A dime, if you tell me that you love me

nice thoughts of a little song gramma used to sing on the weekends when I visited as a child, or Mom would say when she found a penny..and thats what the title reminds me of Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:50 pm
Sneeze once, make a wish.
Sneeze twice, get a kiss.

SealPoet - What a nice thing to happen. Dear Abby has letter-writers who say that the date of the penny is significant... they call them Pennies from Heaven.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:52 pm
Pleasant thought -- in a few minutes it will be Thursday and then comes Friday and then it's the weekend. Yeah for weekends.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 11:09 pm
Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat. Please put a penny in the old man's hat. If you haven't got a penny then a half-penny will do!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 11:13 pm
Will you take a dime?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 11:43 pm
I am home early! The sun is shining! I will be going for a walk soon! Tomorow is Friday!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 12:58 am
As of this moment, yes, tomorrow is Friday. Don't forget, you get to Monday before we do.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:39 am
1) Sneeze twice, get a tissue!

2) anyone who tries to put a Santa hat on my head anytime before the solstice gets a load of eaten herring in their stocking.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:50 am
........Wish I didn't have to go to work, it's such a beautiful day and the bed looks so inviting........ah well, tomorrow is Friday, Yippee!!!

Prayers please? for my best friend, 50 years young, was told yesterday she has autoimmune liver disease! Doesn't drink or smoke, exercises like crazy, eats so healthy you wouldn't believe it.

Hope I didn't put a damper on anyone's day, just want to remind you that life is precious, make the most of it:)
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 07:37 am
In England,the saying goes like this:
See a pin and pick it up
and all day long you´ll have good luck.

I prefer THIS version:

See a pin and pick it up
and all day long you´ll have a pin.

That makes me happy!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 08:18 am
Yeah, thanks, hebba. That was a real 'picker upper'.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A Penny for your thoughts....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 08:10:09