A Penny for your thoughts....

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:24 am
Misti - best wishes for your best friend to get better, and soon. :-/

Today's good stuff - two of the three Christmas cacti are blooming (I guess they should be called Veterans' Day cacti?); the third is about to in about a week.

My father in law sent my Chanukah gift early :-D and so I purchased a new couch cover (it's really what I wanted; I don't need clothes or books this year). It arrives in 2 weeks.

Sprint says we have 3,200 points with them, redeemable for software. Guess what my folks and brother are getting for Chanukah?

Oh, and this morning's back pain went away. Yay!
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:24 am
Each to their own pick me ups Roger!
Grinding coffee beans in the morning.
Shaving while the sun blazes through the bathroom window and "Revolver" plays in the background.
Watching Faye D.´s entrance in the Thomas Crown Affair.
Putting on a fez.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:31 am
Do you really have a fez? When I was a kid we used to have one, picked up by my dad in Morocco where he was stationed. It was red, wool, taller than expected, had a blue satin interior and fit me perfectly. The tassle danced from left side to right. I think a dog may have eventually chewed it off.

I adore Christmas Cacti. One of mine has been blooming for two weeks, the magenta pink one. The white one has a bunch of buds. The red one is not looking too good. They're all outside, but I should bring them in, I guess.

Gorgeous sunrise this morning... red sky in the morning, sailors (and shepherds) take warning. We're due for more rain.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:36 am
Actually I don´t but every time I happen to see one I try it on for size.I´m rather partial to straw boaters aswell.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 12:51 pm
JD!!!!

If you've not a half-penny then god bless you

(I thought I was the only living person alive who sang that tune)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 12:51 pm
and so different than a living person dead oiy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:46 pm
My first winter in the mountains with feline menagerie, great. Was concerned for their safety, but my fears were unwarranted, I thank the forest Gods Very Happy

Glad your back pain left, Jes Very Happy

When preparing Italian recipes, I can hear my grandmother explaining ingredients speaking her adorable broken English.

Mom and I cooking recipes for days before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and anytime a relative called with an excuse for family gatherings. We invented the "Olive Garden"!

My 49ers lost today ~ and in compensation for placing me in a terrible mood~ I'm now eathing chocolate covered raisens right from the jar!

Nobody calls when my team loses ~ family and friends disappear till Monday.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 09:25 pm
I spent earlier this evening 'working' with photos I took on a recent trip, and softening the lines and ridding the face of my dear grandma of age spots and some hair loss I never even noticed before now, while she smiled back at me was very nice.
Having someone call and making you realize how grumpy you are, and changing that into a nice smiling happy feeling is also a great thing for the evening Smile
Now, if I can either make it up till the meteors start or be happy with what I see in the form of photos everyone else got to see would be a nice way to go onward.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 10:15 pm
Your are exactly right quinn1 the mind fails one sometimes. And I to thought I was the only one that hummed that to my self during the holidays.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:36 pm
I took time with a 5 year old today which was so very enlightening, brightening and filled with laughter I think he should visit once a week <maybe...lol>

He started rambling about his new mittens...'No they're more like gloves..I would never like to get any other kind of them, just those ones! '
When I asked him why..he began rambling about how if he 'got another kind he would have to cut holes in them to make them better and that wouldnt be right'
Okay..kids got my interest....Holes?
'Yes, you must cut four holes for your fingers'

whoa...hang on buddy
four holes..??
dont you have 5 fingers?

indignant humph from such a small little man

'NO', pointing to the miserable digit

'THAT is a thumb'...B most definately fully pronounced
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:47 pm
My husband is an architect and he has his own small office (I'm the office manager). We have a young woman who has worked for us for about 8 years -- it's her first job out of college and she's learned so much and she's such a nice young woman.

Well she had her first baby in June -- a little girl. She was going to come back to work full time but then she couldn't bring herself to leave her little bundle of joy. So we worked out a deal. She puts in at least as many hours a week as she needs to keep her health insurance -- some of it is at home and some in the office. Our part of the deal? We get to be surrogate grandparents.

The little one was in the office today (now five months old and so adorable) and there I was taking digital photos of her so I can make a calendar for her real grandparents (I feel sorry for them cause they live pretty far away and don't get to enjoy her nearly as much as we do). And I'm thinking that there is probably nothing as beautiful and wonderful and awe inspiring as a little baby whose entire body smiles when you make a funny noise.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 03:55 pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You are both kind and lucky. And they say no good deed goes unpunished! There is always an exception to that rule.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 07:14 pm
I bet you and hubby are great surrogate grandparents, bandylu. What a lucky little girl!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:35 pm
Rae, my Mom always said that the best thing about being a grandma was that you got a lot of the pleasure and little of the pain of parenthood. She was right -- on the rare occasions when the little one cries, I get to hand her back to her Mom. However, she is probably the best baby I have ever known, which means I don't have to hand her off much at all.

Pifka -- our 'kindness' had an ulterior motive. We needed her as much as she needed the job -- it's really hard to find good people who work really hard. And she puts just as much effort into motherhood which delights me as well.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:38 pm
Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:01 am
Very Happy A penny huh ..... got change for three cents? Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:22 am
I think I'm going to call off sick tomorrow so that I can get acquainted with our new kitty, Lacey, and to make sure my kitty, Paddy, doesn't kill her!

I have three sick days available, and I want one NOW!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:27 am
all these posts and I never knew you got a penny each.

Thats about £5 I'm owed

Where do I claim?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:48 pm
I KNOW I'm taking off tomorrow ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is there anything as good as a free day?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:43 pm
Get in line, Steve..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 08:24:41