What's its product name?

katya8

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 05:58 pm
I've seen dog owners walk their animals on a leash that - when they press a button or whatever - extends from 6 feet to more than 20 feet.......does anyone know what you call those kinds of leashes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 640 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 06:14 pm
No, but you can find them if you look on google for dog leashes.

I don't trust them, since the day my corgi (just under 40 pounds) pulled away and broke one, and yes it was appropriate to his size. On the other hand, that's just my own experience.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 09:03 pm
It is called a flexi leash. You might want to read up on what owners who use
them have to say. I personally do not like them. Many people do like them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 10:10 pm
I ride a bicycle. I do not like them. A dog on a 20' leash is effectively on no leash at all. However, I believe they are called yoyos.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 10:18 pm
you can not possibly be the pack leader when your dog's that far ahead of you...
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 10:19 pm
I used to walk the dog to the <left on a Flexi leash.
I would say they are best used on a well trained dog. She does well on hers, but we keep an eye out for any "problems" and stop and retract and use the handle on the short leash part to get past the "problem".
For hike in the woods or in large parks, they are great to give the dog freedom and still obey leash laws.

No, I don't think they would work with a bike involved.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 10:36 pm
Now, here's a nice little number for those who ride bikes and have no slightest concept of how strong a medium sized dog really is. Commentary on some of the plastic linkages make me think the designer was somewhat clueless, too.

Still, it's a good looking shepherd.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0006ICAYU.01-A1VR11MZBQ9OX3._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45445144_AA270_.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 07:20 pm
Flexi is one of the brand names for that style of leash. They're available in a number of qualities and price ranges (from $1 to over $100).

They work well for some owners and some dogs. We use them with my dogs in some settings, but never when there's a training objective or places where the dogs might be uneasy. They're not great for scroungers or sniffers, or skittish dogs - under any condition.
0 Replies