I *think* I filed my taxes

roger

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:05 am
Delays at Intuit? Heh! I used it last year for the first and last time. It spent hours, and I do mean hours downloading current information for sufferers of Hurricane Katrina. In New Mexico? Sure.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:20 am
I filed my daughter's returns Sunday afternoon through Intuit. The IRS has accepted her return but I still get told (as of this morning) that her state return is "Being Processed".

Oh well. So much for that $10 refund she was due.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:22 am
I thought you got refunds no matter when you filed.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:31 am
She might. I dunno lil k. But if the state sees the return as late they can also assess a penalty that would wipe out a $10 return in a hurry.

Hopefully with Intuit going public with their problems, the IRS and the states will see where the problem is and not nail people with late return penalties.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:37 pm
and here i am again, filing taxes on the day they are due.... sigh.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:44 pm
I was thinking of doing my taxes that way, but I think I'll just stick with my tax guy.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with this Dag.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:53 pm
not really having problems...turbotax is a wonder. just left it for the last minute as usual.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:55 pm
I haven't done mine yet either Embarrassed

We have until May 1st though, which is when I'll do mine.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 01:20 am
well, the state taxes are much worse. i get a 1042-S form (Foreign person's source of income in the U.S. subject to withholding)... yet turbotax nor other online systems have any option for filing such.... so i fumbled it as w-2....but that may potentially end up costing me money.

gah how i hate thee taxes.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 01:42 am
Yeah, me too. I'm afraid to find out how much I owe Shocked
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 05:44 am
dagmaraka wrote:
well, the state taxes are much worse. i get a 1042-S form (Foreign person's source of income in the U.S. subject to withholding)... yet turbotax nor other online systems have any option for filing such.... so i fumbled it as w-2....but that may potentially end up costing me money.

gah how i hate thee taxes.

I don't klnow if it will make any difference but TurboTax expects you to list your 1042S incomes as "Miscellaneous Income". Once you get into that window there is a check box for "Other Reportable Income" and the 1042 is listed there.

If you open TurboTax and go to " Federal Taxes" > "Income" > "Less Common Income" > "Miscellaneous Income", You'll be presented with a list of 13 possible check boxes. The 12th of those is "Other Reportable Income". If you continue with the interview you'll get a box that asks for a description of the income and the amount. That's where you enter your 1042S income. Wink
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 10:33 pm
hmmm.... too late.
i think it's ok though. my 1042S is coded "15", which means i am a tax resident and thus it makes financially no difference if i report it as 1042s or w2... as it's all subject to taxes, unfortunately.
0 Replies

Kitten with a Whip

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:49 am
Re: I *think* I filed my taxes
fishin wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
But. It e-filed and now i'm waiting for the tax return to be accepted. Then I have to sign some form and send it in so they have my signature.

I wonder why you have to sign something and send it in? I've never had to do that. I've used TurboTax for years now (since 1994 or 1995 anyway) and I've e-filed for the last 4 or 5 years and never signed and mailed anything with the efile.

The accepting thing usually takes between 6 and 12 hours. I filed mine last Thursday afternoon and they accepted it at about 10PM.

I forget why, but they needed a signature this time, if you have been e-filing for years, they know who you are and accept your e-signature. I filed yesterday, my state was accepted, haven't gotten a confirmation from the Feds.
0 Replies