Pale white girl smells like milk.

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:00 pm
Ok, you intelligent bunch of lies, in the 60's black men and black women would refer to whitey was so white and we smelled like milk. Gee you wizards couldn't figure that out. Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,454 • Replies: 44
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:02 pm
What? Could you explain that again? Who smelled like milk? White people? Black people? Wizards?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:40 pm
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I see, now. How could we have been so dense? Nice, snookered...... Good, snookered.....

<slowly>
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:42 pm
Whole, 2%, or skim?

What about chocolate milk?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:42 pm
I think snookered smells like homo-genized milk.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:29 pm
I think this all should be retired.......

perhaps a custard?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:41 pm
I'm white and have some scottish ancestry so I tend to smell like scotch.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 11:22 pm
which black people? those that we called negroes and wouldn't let them sit in the front of the bus, among many other things? gee, i wonder what on earth was it that bugged them about us.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 12:01 am
Slowly flows the Don...
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 12:03 am
I think this might be an old wive's tale. Although the black people I asked about it said they'd never heard this specifically, they did say that in their childhood they'd heard it said, especially by older people of their own race, that there was a distinct difference between the scent of a person of one race and a person of another.

I'm very sensitive to smells. Some people seem to really soak up and exude odors from the things they ingest - almost like it is coming from their pores (the smelling like scotch thing resonated with me).

When I was growing up, I had a lot of Jewish friends. Their houses always smelled different than my house- their clothes, etc., smelled different than mine- etc., and if I had sniffed their skin, I'd have probably thought it smelled different too- but in a way I found kind of exotically pleasant, like their houses and clothes did to me.
I don't think it's a bad thing to admit that people are different in fundamental ways depending on what their living situations are.

I also think people who are black have a different tone to their voice, deeper and more resonant, that I happen to enjoy. When the whole OJ trial was on and the woman said she heard what she could identify as being "a black voice" and got pilloried for that- I couldn't understand why. I too think that I can tell if a person is black or white by the richness of tone to their voice.

Milk doesn't really have a smell though - unless it's gone sour.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 12:06 am
I think you all have a near miraculous sense of smell, a lilt to read about.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:00 am
Somewhere in the background, way in the distance, I can hear my grandmother admonishing, "You are what you eat!"

Which might explain why different people smell different, although I would be highly suspect of a racial thing and think it more likely that what food you consume may alter the chemistry of your skin odour. Just like gran said.

Accoridng to my mother, both my father and I smell like fresh bread, especially if we've been in the sun (baking, I presume). I guess there's worse things.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:02 am
There's definitely an "after-tanning booth" smell.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:04 am
DrewDad wrote:
moron!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:07 am
I just remembered something else from long ago ... an East Indian telling me that whiteys are often referred to as "marshmallows" among their community. Y'know ... pale, soft and powdery.

Fijians often call pale Euro folk "pinkies". They arrive on the islands white, but quickly turn pink.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:10 am
dyslexia wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
moron!

Hat-head!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:44 am
umm, i don't know. There might be something to "you are what you eat" - smells then being a cultural function. I've dated an African for quite awhile, and known many of his friends on a daily basis. My sense of smell is also rather high (I'm a neurotic, thus extra sensitive to sensory inputs) - but I cannot report that there would be any universal distinct smell to any race or group of people. I've traveled through Asia a number of times, too. Ditto. Just, various smells. But people on their own do not smell because of their race - at least not that I could tell. People most often smell like their house - thus I'm throwing my money on the cultural explanation.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:47 am
I smell like Pepsi or Coke, depending on what's on sale.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:49 am
I smell like garlic and cheap perfume. I'm an Eastern European Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:57 am
dagmaraka wrote:
I smell like garlic and cheap perfume.

You smell like a French? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pale white girl smells like milk.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:18:07