What's your morning ritual?

Tico

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 12:30 pm
Gala wrote:
I've noticed the majority of posters shower before having caffeine. How do you do this? I feel ilke a failure.

I need the extra time to wake up sufficiently to push the "on" button.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 12:32 pm
Dorothy Parker--

Actonel is a pill to maintain bone strength. It must be taken on an empty stomach and the stomach must remain empty for 30 minutes. Tea doesn't count.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 01:05 pm
I have no set hours right now. I tend to wake up around seven a.m. I roll over and find my eye drops, which should go in during the wake up and pee time as it is best for how those drops work. Then of course I pee.
I go back to the bedroom to coax my dog up and out the back door (didn't use to have to coax him).
Go stare at the coffeepot. Decide to grind some beans, start fresh pot (as opposed to fixing tea). See how dog is doing...
Go turn on computer in back room. Go back to kitchen door to coax dog back indoors if he is out there barking at neighboring dogs, or let him stay out and get the fresh air.
Go back to computer and check google news for a minute, then go get a cup of coffee.
Check more news... check a2k. Shower if I'm not going to go walking. Or, go walk and then shower. Time for all this varies. I wake up as I'm reading the news with the coffee or tea.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:38 pm
Weekdays...

Hubby and I wake up when the alarm goes off at 6:50, I get out of bed around 7:00, go to bathroom, put on robe, look in mirror very briefly, groan, brush hair half-heartedly, give up, then go downstairs to make sure SonofEva is awake and get him started on his morning routine. This takes awhile.

Then I go back upstairs, wash face, fix hair, do makeup (if time), throw on sweatshirt and jeans. If hubby hasn't made the bed yet, I do that. Then I run down to kitchen, gather up SonofEva and all his school stuff, and it's out the door and to school at 8:15.

When I return around 8:45, I fix myself breakfast (usually a fat-free, sugar-free yogurt smoothie and a cereal bar) and eat it while skimming the newspaper. Then around 9:00, I go downstairs to my office and computer. First, I check e-mail, then I read the NYTimes headline news, then check A2K if time.

I delay putting on good clothes and makeup (if not done earlier) until I have to go somewhere. On teaching days, that's about 10:30 a.m. On non-teaching days, it's about noon...sometimes later. It doesn't matter what I wear when I work at home. Might as well be comfy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:34 am
wake up....approach squinney for sex... rebuffed... masturbate...back to sleep....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 01:21 am
Wake up some time between 5 and 6:30. Pee, shower, shave.

Switch on the computer, have a raisin bread with orange marmelade and first cup of coffee. Cigarette. Read obituaries, sport results and headlines in the local paper.

Go to the computer. Read emails, A2K and papers on the computer. A couple of more cups of coffee.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 08:55 am
You smoke again, Walter? Shocked
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 08:58 am
Embarrassed

Ehem, .... not when I'm in the USA in June (and back from there).

But I don't eat as much chocolade as some others!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:06 am
Chocolate is soul food. http://www.piazza-forum.de/images/smilies/schmoll.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:27 am
That's correct http://i13.tinypic.com/44btyso.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:28 am
That's correct http://i13.tinypic.com/44btyso.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:30 am
Drive two blocks to the local coffee shop with my newspaper, fill up a small cup with four different flavors of coffee with sugar and cream, go sit, and read the newspaper. Sometimes I talk to the regulars.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 10:29 am
have to get up first - the most difficult part Laughing .

monday to friday :
raisin toast and tea >>> off to the pool

saturday/sunday :
sleep in a bit longer ,
BIG breakfast , local paper - go and buy toronto and sometimes NYT newspaper , more tea , more reading .
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 11:35 am
All this raisin toast is sounding good to me...

I haven't had breakfast yet today, it being 11:30 a.m. here. Am fixing, in a few minutes, a chipotle tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, with garlic; chopped scallions, green and sweet red peppers; maybe a bit of grated cheddar cheese in with the eggs (and small dish of sour cream to dip the tortilla wrapped eggs in).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:02 pm
Damn that sounds tasty.

Can I come over?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:54 pm
It WAS tasty, all gone now...

I really like the Tumaro's Gourmet Tortillas -

http://www.tumaros.com - totally obnoxious website
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 01:57 pm
No time restraints in my routine whatsoever. I guess I'm an insomniac or something, because generally at least once a week I'll skip sleep altogether, usually twice. I think I'm on this planet by mistake; because I like 8 hours of sleep as much as anyone; but only if I've been awake for 24+. The world just spins too damned fast. I don't like lying in bed waiting to sleep; so I don't go until my ass is ready to sleep (unless I have company :wink:). I get up when I wake up, usually between 6am and noon. Pee, brush teeth, shower, shave if it's been days since I have. Elapsed time: 8 to 10 minutes depending on whether I shave. Nuke a cup of coffee from yesterday's pot, while I grind up today's and clean the coffee pot (Mr. Coffee Auto drip with the "brew temp setting" set low for the best flavor)(Just not the same without International Delight French Vanilla instead of cream & sugar. Check Email, Market activity, A2K and News while drinking most of a pot of coffee. Step outside to smoke somewhere in the coffee stage. On days where I have an appointment early; Set alarm for 20 minutes before I need to leave so I have time for coffee.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 02:02 pm
Quote:
International Delight French Vanilla

so pussy, you don't actually drink coffee then?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 02:09 pm
I think he's talking about a creamer
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 02:14 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
(Mr. Coffee Auto drip with the "brew temp setting" set low for the best flavor)

What is "low temperature"? (The best temperature for a good flavour is generally considered to be between 194°F and 206°F.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:37:50