I'm feeling grumpy. Can anyone help?

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:38 am
littlek wrote:
Cut yourself some slack - you're sick! No wonder! Geez!

Lol!

I don't see mild grumpiness as a terrible fault.

I think it's kind of funny.

JPB wrote:
dlowan wrote:
It's weird, no other symptoms...except a sore throat, nasty inflamed eyes....and sleeping sickness.

ugh -- had the same thing last week and (what I assume to be) conjunctivitis started yesterday. I'm headed out to the clinic for some eye drops now. How are you're eyes doing?

Oh...I hope you are better soon.

I don't have conjunctivitis...they are just really inflamed. Seems to happen to me when I am fighting viruses.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:39 am
Man! There have been some seriously nasty illnesses this year!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:45 am
I think occasional grumpiness is to be ENJOYED! it feels good to go grrrrr every now and then on everything, and surely is normal, especially with a job like yours. it's a safety valve.

what helps me the best is probably outside, with sunshine and all - though dunno how your red eyes would like that. sunshine causes our brain to release the happy hormone, but i guess chocolate can do some of that, too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:47 am
dagmaraka wrote:
I think occasional grumpiness is to be ENJOYED! it feels good to go grrrrr every now and then on everything, and surely is normal, especially with a job like yours. it's a safety valve.

what helps me the best is probably outside, with sunshine and all - though dunno how your red eyes would like that. sunshine causes our brain to release the happy hormone, but i guess chocolate can do some of that, too.

Damn.

That's life.

What doesn't make you fat gives you cancer.

Hey...that was a good bit of grumpiness!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:54 am
Very good!

the bright side of things is that you might as well die of something. Even old age is usually combined with other ailments. So I'd say go for whatever the heck pleases you. In moderation. Though grumpiness hates moderation, methinks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Very good!

the bright side of things is that you might as well die of something. Even old age is usually combined with other ailments. So I'd say go for whatever the heck pleases you. In moderation. Though grumpiness hates moderation, methinks.

I don't know how to respond...I have two mutually contradictory ones...ah, what the heck?

a. Grumpiness hates EVERYTHING.

b. Even moderate grumpiness?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
I'm grumpy too.

I'm in menopause and I'm fat and bloated and ugly.

I think it's causing my zoloft to not work well, I'm anxious and doing that weird thing with my breathing and can't concentrate.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:31 am
Chai wrote:
I'm grumpy too.

I'm in menopause and I'm fat and bloated and ugly.

I think it's causing my zoloft to not work well, I'm anxious and doing that weird thing with my breathing and can't concentrate.

Oh dear.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:01 am
Quote:

Help you feel grumpy? Sure.

Fluffybutt.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:41 am
sozobe wrote:
Quote:

Help you feel grumpy? Sure.

Fluffybutt.

Ha!

I cast scorn upon your feeble attempt to provoke me.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:44 am
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9150/happybunnywu9.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:08 am
stuh505 wrote:
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9150/happybunnywu9.jpg

He took my ciggy!

Bastard took my ciggy!!!

(Can you make that less than 6 whatsits? I can really freak folk out with that as an avatar...but it has too many whatsits...not pixels, the other whatsits)
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:17 am
Haha...yeah...3.06 whatsits on this one http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4975/happybunnymz4.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:24 am
stuh505 wrote:
Haha...yeah...3.06 whatsits on this one http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4975/happybunnymz4.jpg

Thank you!

Heh heh...that's gonna scare some horses....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:04 am
methinks the bunny just lost some of her grumpiness.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:22 am
dlowan wrote:
Thank you!

Heh heh...that's gonna scare some horses....

good Smile
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:28 am
See if this works.

Go to a very public area - preferably a street with lots of foot traffic. Watch out for a guy who looks like he can't run very fast and not much upper body strength. A bit wimply looking is good.

Walk up quickly to him, slap him across the face and shout "B'stard", then burst into tears and walk away from him at a good clip, bawling "I hate you!"

You will find that others, seeing this, will side with you, assuming the guy cheated on you/refused to hold your purse while waiting for you outside ladies room/any number of other relationship complaints.

He will be still standing in the same position, shocked to hell and wondering who you are and what he did.

You, in the meantime, make your getaway, happy at having b*tch-slapped somebody and releasing your tension. Feel the stress float away. Of course your hand will sting for approximately fifteen minutes afterwards, but that's the price you pay for good therapy.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:32 am
In a just world, Heeven would put Dr. Phil out of business . . .

I have of late,
But wherefore I know not,
Lost all my mirth,
Forgone all custom of exercises;
And indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition
That this goodly frame, the earth,
Seems to me a sterile promontory;
This most excellent canopy,
The air, look you,
This brave o'erhanging firmament,
This majestical roof fretted with golden fire,
Why, it appears no other thing to me
Than a foul and pestilent
Congregation of vapours.
What a piece of work is man!
How noble in reason!
How infinite in faculties!
In form and moving,
How express and admirable!
In action how like an angel!
In apprehension, how like a god!
The beauty of the world!
The paragon of animals!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:33 am
Heeven, you just answered so many of life's questions for me
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 04:36 pm
Heeven's suggestion might work for you, but what about the poor slob you slap?

His wife witnesses the scene (she was waiting for him on the corner). She assumes he was cheating. Despite his vehement denials that he never saw you before in his life, the wife files for divorce. She gets the kids, the house, the car, the cottage by the lake. He's in a world of pain. Has no idea what happened. He takes the elevator to the high floor of a tall building. He jumps from the roof. His squooshed and mutilated body is found with a note pinned to his coat. It says, "I never saw that woman before in my life."

Happy now?

Not crazy about the new avatar, Deb. It's so not you.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:59:30