I'm feeling grumpy. Can anyone help?

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 08:06 pm
bermbits wrote:
So you're feeling Grumpy, eh? Well, tell him to step aside so Doc and Dopey, and Sneezy and the others can have a chance.

Been there....done that....
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 08:11 pm
Okay, how about a real joke:

An old man, Mr. Goldstein, was living the last of his life in a nursing home.One day he appeared to be very sad and depressed. Nurse Tracy asked if there was anything wrong."Yes, Nurse Tracy," said Mr. Goldstein, "My private part died today, and I am very sad."Knowing her patients were forgetful and sometimes a little crazy, she replied, "Oh, I'm so sorry, Mr. Goldstein, please accept my condolences."

The following day, Mr. Goldstein was walking down the hall with his private part hanging out of his pajamas, when he met Nurse Tracy.
"Mr. Goldstein," she said, "You shouldn't be walking down the hall like that. Please put your private part back inside your pajamas."
But, Nurse Tracy," replied Mr. Goldstein, "I told you yesterday that my private part died."
"Yes, you did tell me that, but why is it hanging out of your pajamas?" asked Nurse Tracy.

"Well," he replied. "Today's the viewing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 08:25 pm
bermbits wrote:
Okay, how about a real joke:

An old man, Mr. Goldstein, was living the last of his life in a nursing home.One day he appeared to be very sad and depressed. Nurse Tracy asked if there was anything wrong."Yes, Nurse Tracy," said Mr. Goldstein, "My private part died today, and I am very sad."Knowing her patients were forgetful and sometimes a little crazy, she replied, "Oh, I'm so sorry, Mr. Goldstein, please accept my condolences."

The following day, Mr. Goldstein was walking down the hall with his private part hanging out of his pajamas, when he met Nurse Tracy.
"Mr. Goldstein," she said, "You shouldn't be walking down the hall like that. Please put your private part back inside your pajamas."
But, Nurse Tracy," replied Mr. Goldstein, "I told you yesterday that my private part died."
"Yes, you did tell me that, but why is it hanging out of your pajamas?" asked Nurse Tracy.

"Well," he replied. "Today's the viewing.

Ok, you win.

I'm afraid.

Grumpy, and afraid.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 10:49 pm
Perhaps a glass or 3 of your plonk of choice might do the trick, Deb?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:02 pm
Its funny ya know but i was feeling grumpy this morning too.
along about 10.00 am some bible thumpers came to the door I told em to feck off.

Now I feel much happier.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:09 pm
... Actually, I've been feeling quite cranky, too! (Now that you mention it, dadpad.)

Perhaps it's catching? (In Oz, anyway.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:24 pm
dlowan is giving off "grumpy fumes" which are being picked up in the wind and blown acoss the state.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:33 pm
Possibly, maybe .... perhaps you're right .....

But perhaps the whole of Oz has been consumed by "grumpy fumes". (And why not?)

Consider that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 04:38 am
I'm sick.

I think that's why I am grumpy.

Feel like a truck hit me.

Getting better, but I almost couldn't move at the end of last week.

It's weird, no other symptoms...except a sore throat, nasty inflamed eyes....and sleeping sickness.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 04:45 am
Relax. Once you admit grumpy is a way of life, it all seems better.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 04:49 am
dlowan wrote:
I'm sick.

DUH! That's a good reason to feel grumpy. And here I was concocting all sorts of psychological scenarios that would account for your moods. Relax! It looks like the worst is over, and you will be your old, cheerful, witty and brilliant self before long. Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 05:16 am
dlowan wrote:
I'm sick.

Feel like a truck hit me.

Getting better, but I almost couldn't move at the end of last week.

It's weird, no other symptoms...except a sore throat, nasty inflamed eyes....and sleeping sickness.

I think a sore throat and inflamed eyes count as symptoms. Take care, bubbele. Rest, sleep. Feel better.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 05:24 am
dadpad wrote:
dlowan is giving off "grumpy fumes" which are being picked up in the wind and blown acoss the state.

We had some Mormons the other day. Put the dogs in an uproar -- three of them, as we were looking after somebody else's fat diabetic dog that we may be taking and rehabbing. She's got some good years left in her if somebody would just take a mind to cut back her food and walk her a bit. (But, then, the owners are morbidly obese themselves, and, as is the case the world over, why should the animals get a better lot than the people?)

The wife politely declined the Mormons' offer to come -- I dunno, celebrate Jesus's horrible, painful death or something.

I'd have told 'em to feck off myself, holding snarling boy dog by wolfish scruff.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:19 am
How odd that this thread...which was designed to be purely silly, although true...should take a more noble turn.

Isn't grumpiness a normal manifestation of the human animal?

Would I need deep psychological reasons, or even illness, to have a few grumpy days?

Hath not a Grump eyes?
Hath not a Grump hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections,
passions, fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons,
subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed
and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Equable is? If
you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?
If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we
not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you
in that.

But seriously...is not grumpiness a normal and passing condition?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:23 am
dlowan wrote:

But seriously...is not grumpiness a normal and passing condition?

Normal? Yes. Passing. Depends on the person.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:29 am
I can only answer for myself, in terms of grumpiness. Usually, I am a pretty easygoing person. I "go with the flow". I have noticed though, that when I am going through a stressful period in my life, I become less patient, and more strident.

I can see this happening with myself on A2K. Sometimes I will later look at a post of mine and say, "Boy, was I being bitchy when I wrote THAT!"
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:36 am
Grumps and bitchiness makes me giggle. Makes me happy?

I dunno...biting at my kneecaps was a high-larious visual. You're an awesome rabbit even when grumpy!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:56 am
flushd wrote:
Grumps and bitchiness makes me giggle. Makes me happy?

I dunno...biting at my kneecaps was a high-larious visual. You're an awesome rabbit even when grumpy!

Oh dear.

I cannot tell a lie...the kneecap image was from the brilliant Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Other memorable Python quotes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/quotes

Ahem....I think I always have at least a verbal edge, except with clients.

Maybe I have to be so ******* nice to some pretty damaged and difficult people all day that I need to break out a bit after?

Or...mebbe I am just a natural born grump.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:28 am
Cut yourself some slack - you're sick! No wonder! Geez!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:32 am
dlowan wrote:

ugh -- had the same thing last week and (what I assume to be) conjunctivitis started yesterday. I'm headed out to the clinic for some eye drops now. How are you're eyes doing?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:41:08