What's for Lunch ?

Tico

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 12:11 pm
Curried carrot soup (Campbells Gardenay stuff with my own spices thrown in), a hunk of baguette from Ace Bakery (tell 'em, ehBeth), topped with slices of really aged cheddar and apricot/rhubarb chutney. Washed down with microfiltered skim milk -- it's gotta be microfiltered.

Now I'm thinking of something bad, like M&M peanuts or something. tsk.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 02:26 pm
chopped grape tomatoes, jack cheese, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and raw garlic scooped up with corn tortilla strips. And two wedges of avocado (thanks Dasha!).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 03:03 pm
Leftover Shrimp and Crab with Gorgonzola En Croute from the Indigo Crow restaurant... very good! It was only an appetizer, but quite large at that; Gerolsteiner mineral water.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 09:29 pm
went to the LifeFest show with a friend - we snacked on obscenely healthy things all afternoon

ha! just spotted who Nimh's been turned into Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 11:13 pm
inspired by littlek, i had tomatoes with fresh basil, avocado, and olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. never fails to satisfy. oh, and two poached eggs, which never fail to disappoint.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 10:25 am
RP's Sunday Brunch is a weekly indulgence at our place --
veggie omelette (egg beaters, roasted peppers, shrooms, broccoli, asparagas, shredded [cheddar + monterey jack]), turkey bacon, hash browns, toasted bread of some sort, sliced fruit.

i'm not much of a cook, but i can whip this up in ~30 minutes...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 01:02 pm
hope you don't mind ... but today we had RABBIT (the cashier at the supermarket looked at us suspiciously - she must have though we had done away with the easter-bunny) in sourcream-gravy , aspargus , carrots , mashed , side-salad and tom juice . licking my chops !
hbg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 01:13 pm
<b>Wolf Blitzer</b> wrote:
RP's Sunday Brunch is a weekly indulgence at our place --
veggie omelette (egg beaters, roasted peppers, shrooms, broccoli, asparagas, shredded [cheddar + monterey jack]), turkey bacon, hash browns, toasted bread of some sort, sliced fruit.

i'm not much of a cook, but i can whip this up in ~30 minutes...

He's a verra good cook. I did, though, have a lil freshly-baked chocolate-walnut bread for a snack, not really a lunch if it's after 3 PM, I guess. More like high tea. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 01:51 pm
Well, hey, both chocolate and walnuts are good for ya'..

RP's brunch sounded great!
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 11:39 am
I was just handed a pork spare rib, one of my coworkers slow cooked with a dry rub, smoked... the meat was just falling off the rib.

(side note: My wife is a Vegetarian, so I don't get the read meat intake that I crave)

Laughing < This is me trying to get the pork out of my teeth.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 12:12 pm
sushi. yum.
0 Replies