The mystery bone.

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:33 pm
I found a mysterious bone in my garage today. My garage is pretty tidy and often used and the bone was right at the door that leads into the house so I think I would have noticed the mystery bone if it had been there for any length of time.

I mowed my yard just today and I didn't see anywhere that maybe my dog might have dug it up. She's a good dog and doesn't dig anyway but maybe she was mad about something or..... something. Dogs. Nobody really knows, right?

My cat is a good hunter but she's a dinky squirt. Maybe 7 pounds. I don't think she could have killed anything that had a bone this size in it.

Mo denies any knowledge of said bone.

Mr. B is a bit odd but he typically doesn't leave bones outside the door or anything nutty like that.

As you can (or can't - sorry for the crappy photos) see the bone is about 5 inches long, and 2 inches across with a big bone type hole in the middle. It's dirty but not meaty.

I'm hoping that someone might recognize my mystery bone and offer an explaination as to why it might be in my garage all mysterious-like.

If it is your bone and you left it here please come get it.

Thank you for your help!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/bone.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,569 • Replies: 45
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:44 pm
I think it's a soup marrow bone. I sometimes give them to my dogs as they are very hard, good for their teeth and full of nutritious marrow. It looks like it was cut by a butcher (they use a band saw meat cutter). I think you dog is to blame, he either stole it out of someone's garbage or a nice person threw it over your fence for him.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:44 pm
It's a marrow bone or a soup bone available at your local grocery meat counter. Methinks yah dawg has been dumpster diving.

Joe(I used to give these to my doggies as chew toys.)Nation
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:47 pm
The dog is the most likely suspect, for sure. But she is not a free range dog. Plus, she's old, lazy and well fed.

I shall question the neighbors regarding bone dispersal.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:51 pm
any problem neighbors suddenly missing lately??
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:10 pm
Problem neighbors!? I've never know such a soul. My neighbors are lovely. So lovely I don't think they'd give my dog bones without asking first.

I've been thinking through this soup bone scenario. I make a lot of soup and I have never encountered a bone this large. What possible cut of meat would leave one with such a bone?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:12 pm
boomerang wrote:
Problem neighbors!? I've never know such a soul. My neighbors are lovely. So lovely I don't think they'd give my dog bones without asking first.

I've been thinking through this soup bone scenario. I make a lot of soup and I have never encountered a bone this large. What possible cut of meat would leave one with such a bone?

It's a cow shin, very common and once very cheap.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:24 pm
It's a message.

First, bones turn up.

Then, worse.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:27 pm
Or rather:

It's a message. First
bones turn up. Then, worse. Be a-
fraid. Very afraid.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:28 pm
You're completely mad.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:30 pm
Now you realise? Razz

(Anal, too. I just came back to put a better smiley in..)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:35 pm
Actually it IS a message from the nether world....hold it up to your left ear and listen.

Joe(Can you hear the voices?)Nation
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:36 pm
You know what would happen next in a Twilight Zone episode, right? Razz
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:37 pm
Oh rats! Now you tell me to listen to the bone.

It was Bachelor #1's dog's bone. He is mystified as to how it ended up in my garage. Maybe the racoons did it.

Anyway.....

Maybe he'll let me borrow it back so I can listen to it......
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:10 pm
It's got a good rhythm. I could dance to it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:11 pm
Wait a minute...

Bachelor #1 sent you a bone and you're baffled? C'mon!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:25 pm
Ha!

Bachelor #1 has all the action he can handle.

Now if it had been Bachelor #2......

I live on Bachelor block - 5 single men (two of them raising their young daughters alone). It's an interesting place. I'm convinced I could rent out my house at say six month stretches to single women and make enough to pay for this house and whatever place we have to live in during rentals.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 04:28 am
You should place an ad in tomorrow's paper. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

===
What you have is the perfect situation comedy set-up.
Five bachelors ( two with kids) one single woman.

That will have to be reduced to three, all with kids, in the pilot.

Hmmm. Let's say she's a work from home type(a backyard studio) where she does custom marketing design work (Eva can help you with the details).

None of the men are widowers, that way we can have the evil ex-wives show up now and then.

All of the kids (one guy has two, so let's say, four in total) all want a new mom, both for themselves and their dads.

The problem is all of the guys are burned out on love (that's the title of the show?) and the woman in the center of things has never met a man who was just right for any period longer than three days.

Okay, episode one, the woman steps out of her door and slips on a soup bone. She limps over to the next door neighbor's house to confront the hounddog's owner.

Hilarity ensures.

I expect pages by Sunday night.

Joe(Hillary Swank should play you, right?)Nation
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 08:45 am
Er...

That could actually make it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 09:17 am
Hillary Swank is an excellent choice to play me!

I'll dish out some soup-bone-esque tidbits about life among the bachelors, you fill in all the many and various blanks and become rich and famous and never forget to send me a royalty check which allows me to remain anonymous and inconspicuous.

Perfect!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The mystery bone.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 08:21:21