More Quiz Questions

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:58 am
Apart from being famous names of past and present in the world of cinema, what links Warren Beatty, Bette Davis, Jodie Foster, Clark Gable, Robert Redford, Oliver Reed and Peter Sellers?

Which is the smallest country in Europe that has an area of at least 500 square miles?

Which 12 letter word without a 'd' in it includes a 'd' when abbreviated to a word of six letters?

Which opera title and the surname of its famous composer is an anagram of IDEAL CLEARING HOUSE?

Help please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 496 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Tufdevil

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 02:46 pm
More quiz questions
Hi, again, Upandrunning

The 12 letter word is refrigerator (fridge)

Let you know if I think of the rest, but I'm off to the local quiz now.

Tuf
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 08:26 am
More quiz questions
Hi.

Did ok last night. Just out of the prizes.
Doing a golf club quiz on Wednesday. No "professional" teams in that so we should do ok. Good luck on Tuesday.

Anyway, the smallest country in Europe with an area of more than 500 sq mls (1295 sq kms) is Luxembourg at 2586 sq kms. Faroe Islands is 1399 sq kms, but it is a dependent state and not on the official 194 countries list.

I was puzzled with the anagram, but when I realised there was only 1 "O" and no T's it dramatically cut down the number of famous composers, so I looked at HANDEL and he wrote an opera called GIULIO CESARE so I think that's your answer.

I stumbled across the quiz you are working on. 150 questions! Have you done the rest or are you just attacking it in chunks?

I'm off to Warwick now, overnight, but I'll be looking at your other queries when I get back if no-one has beaten me to it.

Happy quizzing.
0 Replies