Lovatts crosswords

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:46 am
I have often noticed that some of you write and say you have finished the crosswords (like Stinker 109) and will get it off in the post straight away. I mean we only got the crossword book 2 or 3 weeks ago. Aren't you worried about it getting lost at the Lovatts office with all those weeks still to go? Then again, it's going to lie at the bottom of the barrel with thousands of entries piling up on top of it. Just a thought.

Something else I don't know. (There are lots of things I don't know, this is only 1 of them. ) How do I put a funny little picture alongside my name?????
Willywagtail
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 579 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 03:10 am
Hi willywagtail

To get a picture (Avatar) alongside your name, click on profile on top of the page. You then get your profile information page, scroll to bottom where you'll see "Avatar Control Panel" and follow directions.

Dutchy.
0 Replies

EscapePod

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 03:14 am
willywagtail
I have never won a prize. But then the only thing I ever have won in my life was a Meat Tray at the Local Pub. Probably the better half's luck won that.

I try and get the Crosswords finished a.s.a.p. because our Caravanning excursions interfere with leaving it too long.

Sometimes I get the Crosswords finished promptly, othertimes before I knew about A2K I missed out completely getting the entry in. Or got it away just in time.

I dont think it really matters much. If you are meant to win something you will.

I reckon Lovatt's would give the pot with the right answers a good spin. :-)

I'll tell you what though, when I do win something you guys will be the second to know after me. LOL

The picture bit is under Profile I think. But you have to do it very small in size to be accepted. I did mine so long ago now, I am not sure of the area. Fairly sure it is under Profile.

EscapePod
0 Replies

willywagtail

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 03:41 pm
The Avatar for WW
Wagtail here. I am only sending this in to see if my avatar appears.
Thanks Dutchy.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 03:44 pm
Not showing as yet willywagtail. Keep trying. Smile
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 03:49 pm
Hi willywagtail,

There's a problem with the Avatar Gallery at the moment. This topic should explain what to do:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2561563#2561563
0 Replies

willywagtail

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:24 pm
Thanks for info Imur.
Quote:
"Go my son and shut the shutter
the woman to her son did utter
The shutter's shut, the son did mutter and I can't shut it any shutter"
0 Replies

willywagtail

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:28 pm
winning lovatts crossword
Hi EscapePod,
Some of them win a lot and some of them never do...
Actually, I have been lucky a couple of times and caught a cheque for $10. I have never let these wins affect my way of life though.
Still do my own house work and cooking etc. Not lashed out on new cars or shopping sprees.
Chance would be a fine thing, hey! Dream on WW.
Good luck to you in the next comp.
Willywagtail
0 Replies