The Idiot

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 01:06 am
good on ya. i'm going to sleep. it's important for my exist$%#@#$...you know what. ah, existence.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 01:11 am
Heres some gloomy $hit to go to sleep by. Laughing

------------------------------------------
Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.

Never have I thought that I was the happy possessor of a "talent"; my sole concern has been to save myself by work and faith.

- J.P.Sartre
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 01:13 am
actually, i find that not gloomy at all. much of psychotherapy works with the same premises.

"I am me. I own myself and all that I produce. I own my successes, as well as mistakes.....etc etc etc."

I find it liberating and empowering, actually.

But alas, I must sleep. going on a hike tomorrow, i'll be a zombie.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 12:30 am
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NTUyZmMyZjY5OTQyZmFmMDFhY2M3ZWYwMGVlNmY1YWI=
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 01:30 am
warrior monks?

why, i am in a different mood. just watched the Streetcar Named Desire. For the first time. I am, after all, a foreigner. I watched many old Czech and Russian movies, but I still have a lot of catching up to do on old American cinematographie.
Ahh, what a movie.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:10 am
Thats what iv'a been doing!!!

Watching a hell of alot of movies.

I just saw these;

Last King of Scotland
Apocalypto
American Hardcore

I signed up for that blockbuster thing were I get all these movies in the mail. I've got some pretty strange movies and obscure documentaries on the way.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:18 am
i got netflix

Mommy, dearest will be next. I saw bits in a bar once - cool bar in Provincetown that plays cult movies (without sound; there's music) instead of turning on some ball game. Must see it. Then I will have to see more young Brando movies.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:02 pm
I can tell you some pretty good american movies. Must sees. The cheesy ones that are real Americana. Bad movies.

If you want.

Then you can come back and yell at me.

"Amigo! What in the hell was that!?!?! You owe me 2 hours of my life back."

Do you dare take movie suggestions from Amigo. Twisted Evil

If you watch mine i'll watch yours? Very Happy Yea!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:21 pm
I need to stop talking about myself in the third person (is that what you call it).

I don't know what it looks like from your guys end and it's getting a little freaky.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:09 pm
Dasha dares to take your movie suggestions. She can also speak to herself in third person if that makes Amigo feel any better.

I only request that you add a few words of description to each movie. I've got movie suggestions on three sheets of paper now. I sort of remember what those might be like, especially given the people they are suggested by - say, my friend who's a (damn good) rising movie director suggested all sorts of Korean and Norwegian and whatnot movies that I will have to be awfully inspired to watch. Then there are suggestions from a colleague from Israel. She's very funny and I hope the movies she came up with will be too. Amigo will supply me with a list of American classics that will be just as captivating as the Streetcar Named Desire was... but I have to stay organized. It's hard work, this movie wathching business.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:32 pm
Dasha?...thats your name?

You must be beautiful like your name.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:33 pm
Embarrassed

...naaaaah, i don't really blush :wink:
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:49 pm
What if I told you there is a move soo good it had Elvis........Zombies........and........John Kennedy in it.

You wouldn't beleive me right?

Youd be WRONG!!!

I GIVE YOU

Bubba Ho-tep!!!!!

Don't watch it with out littlek. I owe her for gitting me into that cult. The one where they get married in the bushes and theirs lots of beards.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:54 pm
Oooh. Bruce Campbell! I like!

That looks so retarded I must watch.

(of course you got my interest because you were talking about a move that combined preseley, kennedy and zombies. turns out it's just a movie, but oh well. i'll think of you as i watch it.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:57 pm
you're in a cult that gets married in bushes? and you have a beard?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:58 pm
You can thank me later...........in cash.

Ok, now you can pick a movie for me and I will put it at the front of my list weather you watch mine or not.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:59 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
you're in a cult that gets married in bushes? and you have a beard?

Thats right baby, don't fear the reaper.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:02 pm
Don't know if littlek brought up this movie, but seeing the Bubba Ho-tep trailer, I thought of this Korean gem:

http://img.movist.com/data/imgroot/x00/00/71/69_p1.jpg

It's jaw-droppingly, ummm, different.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:03 pm
This is the original title:

Jigureul jikyeora! (2003)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:05 pm
Holly crap what the hell is that?

A MASTERPIECE!!

Is that your pick?

Where the hell will I find that.....friggin Korea.
0 Replies