Which decade of life is the best?

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:46 pm
Late teens was a great time for me, but I'm chiming in with the other that say now is the best time of my life.
I recently turned 43 and I'm enjoying all the experience I've gotten over the years and I'm finally learning to relax a bit.
My twenties and 30's were my toughest years because I was raising my son on my own and had tons of unnessary obsticles in my way along the way.
Now that he's grown, I'm enjoying every little taste of freedom I now have and it it tastes great Very Happy

It was the 70's when I was in my teens, so that explains the good times Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 05:13 pm

Why, the one you're in, silly.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 05:58 pm
jespah wrote:

Why, the one you're in, silly.

hehe, I was going to say something similar. The one where you're alive!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 06:09 pm
Well, my vote goes to early childhood. I loved being a kid.

The rest has been a fight for me. Growing up before I wanted to.

Looking forward to this next part of life though.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 06:13 pm
flushd wrote:
[...] Looking forward to this next part of life though.

Be a tragedy if you weren't! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 06:57 pm
Im liking the thirties.

But if you would have asked me in my 20's I would have said the same thing... again in my teens, I would have told you THEY were the best years.

Quiet frankly, every decade Im here will be my best decade.

I loved 0-10 just as any other kid
10-20.......ehhh... I had some of the strangest 'fun' then...........
the most sexual partners then.... but nothing really earth shattering.

In my 20s the sex got a little better, I had jobs so I could afford the stupid things I wanted to do. I learned that I was a great nurse, but too mouthy and full of myself to be 100%

Now... so far, this is the best decade.
Too bad it wont last forever.

But Im looking forward to the 40's. I hear sex rocks, and you really slide into yourself completely then. Something I really look forward to
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:47 pm
Different decades for different things.

0-10, no worries except homework and if I'd get invited to birthday parties. Mom and Dad pay all the bills.

11-19 Mom and Dad still paying the bills and the biggest problems are pimples, grades and being thought of as popular. High School was a drag, but college was great.

20-30 Libido and metabolism are in full healthy swing and I'm old enough to take advantage of both. Now what the hell am I going to be when I grow up???

31-39 Physically not much different from 20's. Definitely smarter with better self-awareness. Not as self-conscious and much more tolerant of life's imperfections and my own. Don't take no crap from no man - I am woman hear me roar!

40's (I'm about to be 46) - Physically I definitely notice a decline in strength and stamina. Libido and metabolism running down. However, I'm much smarter having learned from my past mistakes. I appreciate the little things and I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere.

I have no idea what's up for the future. If you're healthy, have people to love and who love you in return, plus enough money to pay the bills and have a little leftover for fun - it doesn't matter what decade you are in, those are the things that bring happiness.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:42 pm
I think dag and I are within a couple of months of each other in age...

If there's a best decade, I hope I haven't lived it already. 'Cuz so far, **** ain't been so great.

(Hasn't been bad, either, at all, not one bit. Just dull. Like me.)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:34 pm
Chai wrote:
Being 37 was the best.

Actually, that's like the beginning of a new freedom.

Is that when you received your AARP card?

I'm 30, but so far my 20's were the best. First couple years out of college were awesome: was making good money to not worry about my bar tabs(quite the change from being broke in college), had a sh!tload of friends to hang out with(before they all got married & had kids), travelled more than I do now....but things ain't so bad now either.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:37 pm
I'll be 58 in May and i can do everything I did when I was 25.... some things better.... he best decade will be the one when I reconcile myself to my death.... then I'll have peace...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:47 pm
patiodog wrote:
I think dag and I are within a couple of months of each other in age...

If there's a best decade, I hope I haven't lived it already. 'Cuz so far, **** ain't been so great.

(Hasn't been bad, either, at all, not one bit. Just dull. Like me.)

Patio....you're being sarcastical, right?????????? About the boring thing......because that is so far from how you are here that I cannot take you seriously.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:19 pm
So.... how would I know which decade is best until the end of my life when I can look back on them all?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:54 pm
littlek wrote:
So.... how would I know which decade is best until the end of my life when I can look back on them all?

well, look at it this way. So far the majority seems to be in agreement that 1.) The decade of your life you are currently in is the best so far and 2.) Each one gets better as you age.

If those hold up then those nursing homes must be rockin'! I can hardly wait for my 80s. Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 05:12 am
fishin wrote:
littlek wrote:
... those nursing homes must be rockin'! I can hardly wait for my 80s. Laughing

The A2K Nursing Home. C'mon over, sonny.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 05:43 am
So far, every decade I was actually in was the best!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 06:15 am
Hard to say as it depends what happened.
Teens-low confidence, sh*t guys,but my figure was absolutley darling and I felt fitter.
20's-Great love life even tho brief, great social life,figure was still ok, made more money than in my teens.
30's(2 years of it so far)2 stone heavier, rarely see friends,no love life at all but my confidence is better and I plan to make more money and I have grown up in my mind.

I love getting older!!(in some ways)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 07:21 am
squinney wrote:
Pan, where ya been, Baby?

mama don't let me use the 'puter much Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 07:29 am
6 year in to this decade and it pretty much sucks.

In fact life in general pretty much sucks at present.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 09:40 am
dadpad--

This too shall pass.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
Sorry to hear it, bad.

deb -- I'm inclined to inactivity. The mind is active, but the flesh is inert. Was always happiest in physical labor, but now that's not an option (debt and my back is **** from developmental issues and poorly-healed traumas). Came up in a blue collar town to ineffectively white collar folks with pretentions to intellecualism, when I'd probably have been better off apprenticed to an electrician...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 04:33:55