Which decade of life is the best?

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:14 pm
In general, which decade of a person's life do you think is the most enjoyable, i.e. "the best?"

I have only gone through a few of them, so I can't opine on the last few, but I'd say my twenties were the best years of my life, by far. So far.

What about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,037 • Replies: 52
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:17 pm
Agreed, along with the early 30's. Downhill after that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:19 pm
Anything but the teens.

I'd say early 20s. Only beacuse at that point, I had no responsibilities.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:21 pm
From my twenties on, really.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:28 pm
I'm a bit past midway in the 40s and they have been the best, most interesting part of my life so far. I am far more content with myself and my life than ever before.

I was always a late bloomer though......
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:32 pm
For me, so far, I'd say my thirties. By then, I'd clawed my way out of the university debt, my career was finally stable and going well, I was old enough to have my clients' respect but young enough to be thought leading-edge, my husband was alive, we traveled wherever the whim took us. There's was nothing physical or economic to hamper us living life to the fullest.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:33 pm
I guess it'd have to be 30-39, which is a bit depressing since I'm 36.

Dlowan's and boomers' answers give me hope, though.

20's were fun to be sure but there seemed to be so much STRESS, of various types.

10-12 were great years but 13-19 pretty much universally sucked.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 02:54 pm
boomerang wrote:
I'm a bit past midway in the 40s and they have been the best, most interesting part of my life so far. I am far more content with myself and my life than ever before.

I'd have to concur with this completely.

I was to occupied with what others thought about me when I was in my 20s. The 30s were a transition. My 40s have been a period where I have found and am totally comfortable with my self.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:06 pm
.... and that decade streeeeetches over a couple of years.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:08 pm
Being 37 was the best.

Actually, that's like the beginning of a new freedom.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:16 pm
The stone age Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:37 pm
i didn't vote.
so far, each decade has had its good and bad points.

i will try on a few more, and get back to you...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:41 pm
If my 50's are as much better than my 40's, as my 40's have been than my 30's, which were exponentially better than my 20's, then my 60's are going to be totally kick@ss.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:04 pm
fishin wrote:
boomerang wrote:

I was to occupied with what others thought about me when I was in my 20s. The 30s were a transition. My 40s have been a period where I have found and am totally comfortable with my self.

But you're dead drunk in the street, clutching a bottle to your bosom!!!!

I think you need to strive to get up to the gutter before getting entirely comfortable.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:10 pm
Aint she a funny bunny? Very Happy

ehBeth wrote:
If my 50's are as much better than my 40's, as my 40's have been than my 30's, which were exponentially better than my 20's, then my 60's are going to be totally kick@ss.

I gotta go with Beth on this one. I'm just turning 44 and they are already becoming some of the best years of my life. I used to think when the kids were little that was surely the best. I loved seeing the world anew through their eyes. Now I've learned to use my own.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:14 pm
20's fer sure. I did a lot of neat stuff in my twenties....I just didn't realise it was neat stuff...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:16 pm
Pan, where ya been, Baby?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:19 pm
Twenties for me too! It was when I gained some self confidence when I was in the US Air Force in the late fifties, and also met one of my best friends. My retirement years aren't bad either!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:21 pm
dlowan wrote:
fishin wrote:
boomerang wrote:

But you're dead drunk in the street, clutching a bottle to your bosom!!!!

I think you need to strive to get up to the gutter before getting entirely comfortable.

Yeah, but back in my 20s the street hadn't been paved yet and I wasn't drinking. In my 30s the street was paved and in my 40s the bottle dulled my senses.

I have moving up to the curb to look forward to in my 50s and a nice meth or herion habit in my 60s. Yay me! Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:37 pm
I don't know yet. I'm only freshly into my thirties and the first half a year of that was full of stress thanks to the Department of Homeland Security... hopefully, after that is settled, I will be able to start to enjoy more. I can't complain about my teens though. Sure, they were full of some existential angst, but I also made leaps in learning myself, read novels like there's no tomorrow, and did so much stuff outside the school. I'll never be that free again.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Which decade of life is the best?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 07:46:23