4
   

I've won FreeCell 40 times in a row

 
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 10:07 pm
Oooh that doesnt look good...
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  2  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:14 pm
Yay!

I'm pathetic...

But um, hey!! 50 wins in a row. Plus 95% on 100, no, 101 games. Ta-um-dah?


http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7753/freecellyay2xv8.png
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  2  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:16 pm
You're frightening me.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 06:04 pm
nimh wrote:
Take it slowly. Gently explore where the sensitive cards are located. Dont just start smashing cards on cards whereever possible, but focus on where your moves will have maximum effect. Dont focus on your own desire to rush the kick of the game, but focus on getting the final outcome right. Then when you've got a good line going, try to take it as far as you can, before moving on to a next move.

Dont take reckless risks, but its OK to be bold if you know what you're doing. Once you've got the first layers straightened out and the initial pressure is off, you'll see the game will speed up. Flowing ever more easily, and moving faster. Once the cards start slipping off toward homebase, and only then, you can allow yourself the rush and take it fast.

The good part is when you know that everything will come together, and you throw in a few hurdles to make it last longer. Leaving that last two of hearts locked under a king of diamonds until you have made all the lines stretch as long as you can. When you've done that, all you need is one more flick of a movement, and bang, satisfaction is complete.

Um.... You need to find a girl.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 06:07 pm
Is the girl at a music festival?
0 Replies
 
margo
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 06:45 pm
taking notes here!

I have run away to mah jong for a bit of a break!
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 07:10 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Is the girl at a music festival?


In Scotland, at the Edinburgh theatre festival Razz

For five weeks!
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:07 pm
Shocked

that could lead to a lot of freecell
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  3  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:11 pm
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
NIMH, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  2  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:49 pm
nimh wrote:
Take it slowly. Gently explore where the sensitive cards are located. Dont just start smashing cards on cards whereever possible, but focus on where your moves will have maximum effect. Dont focus on your own desire to rush the kick of the game, but focus on getting the final outcome right. Then when you've got a good line going, try to take it as far as you can, before moving on to a next move.

Dont take reckless risks, but its OK to be bold if you know what you're doing. Once you've got the first layers straightened out and the initial pressure is off, you'll see the game will speed up. Flowing ever more easily, and moving faster. Once the cards start slipping off toward homebase, and only then, you can allow yourself the rush and take it fast.

The good part is when you know that everything will come together, and you throw in a few hurdles to make it last longer. Leaving that last two of hearts locked under a king of diamonds until you have made all the lines stretch as long as you can. When you've done that, all you need is one more flick of a movement, and bang, satisfaction is complete.

Dammit, what I should have said:

If you play your cards right, you make a game last for a hour or more.
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:15 pm
and what I should have said was - Nimh, you're amazing - I can't believe you COUNTED the number of games!
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 06:37 am
Mame wrote:
and what I should have said was - Nimh, you're amazing - I can't believe you COUNTED the number of games!

Hehheh.. luckily, all you need to do is click "Statistics" and there the numbers are. No need to count anything Smile
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:49 am

one big advantage of the vista version is unlimited undo.
the old one only let you undo the most recent move.
now you can go all the way back to the beginning of a game...
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Oooh that just makes it too easy! Not fair.

Then one really has no excuse for ever losing again..
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:30 am
@nimh,

yup -- we've won (yawn) 145 in a row...
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:34 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

one big advantage of the vista version is unlimited undo.
the old one only let you undo the most recent move.
now you can go all the way back to the beginning of a game...


another by product of the "everyone gets a participation trophy' culture

sorry to say, but there are winners and losers
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:22 pm
There's no way outta this one is there?

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2753/freecelloy2lq7.png
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  3  
Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:34 pm
i remember helping a older neighbour fix something on her computer one time, and on her computer desk she had this tablet of paper with a huge list of numbers and check marks beside various numbers, and she explained that she was playing through all the available freecell games and marking off the ones she'd already beaten

aren't old people great
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 06:59 pm
hey, who said "old"? Wink

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9804/freecellyay3ke2.png

Looks like it's gonna end there ...
solipsister
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 07:24 pm
thank you for alerting me how best to fill my as yet unused ignore box

oops i lost again
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

FredM - Question by Fred Mox
(SOLVED) freecell doesn't fly on windows XP - Discussion by Region Philbis
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/11/2020 at 09:27:26