It's Dang HOT Here, How Is It For YOU?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 05:44 pm
Cobalt, I hope things got better as the day went on. You need to take good care of yourself and your son.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 06:18 pm
Hello Cobalt!
Nice to see you again!Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you are in so much discomfort from the heat & humidity.
I guess it won't cheer you to hear that I'm suffering for the opposite reason - I can't stand the cold! Shocked And it's freezing here on the wintry nights! Crying or Very sad A lot of snuggling up to the cats is ESSENTIAL!

Anyway, hang in there. Before long our situations will be reversed & we'll both be happy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 11:31 pm
Cobalt -- Please check in. I am worried about your son.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 12:40 am
Cobalt

I hope your son is OK ... Please let us know how he is doing.

Olga
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 12:52 am
Thanks for writing in today! My son finally woke up after the second seizure - had 15 hours sleep! It is so hard to tell why they come - could be heat, weather (huge thunderstorm this afternoon), possible virus or infection coming, some imbalance due to a different routine than usual...anthing. I was a nervous wreck all day. The neurologists in Iowa said to take him to ER if he has another one within 24 hours. Soooo, just get through a few more hours now, right?

The AC man came and said it was an old old AC unit that he would not recommend using in a place like this and I could try talking to the property management about replacing. Fat chance of that happening, tho. There is a reason these student apartments are called ghettos!

About ready to bail for the night. Been a long day.
Peace, Love, and Hugs,
cobalt
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 12:59 am
And here's hoping for a good night's sleep to you, Cobalt!
You need rest, rest & more rest!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 01:13 pm
heat
Cobalt, it was 116 in Mesa, Az yesterday--and 123 in Bullhead City, Nev.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:55 pm
37 deg in the shade and hell!
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 03:00 pm
JLN: you are reminding me of the main reason I dread moving back to Mesa this fall! I have now made two trips to Mesa in the middle of July, and I have finally learned not to do that no more, ha ha! Reminds me that I will have to check out the best possible ways to travel from home to job without having to hold my breath as I run to the car for fear my lungs will scorch! Just how do YOU do it there?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 04:06 pm
heat
Cobalt, as the saying goes,"no sweat." I stay indoors or in the car, or some other air conditioned environment AT ALL TIMES. With dryness, indoor living with the AC set at around 70 degrees (sans humidity) feels quite comfortable. I DO love October, however, meaning a half year or more of virtually perfect weather. Hope all is well with your boy.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 04:26 pm
Ya'll knew I'd find this thread eventually.....

First and foremost ~ cobalt ~ both you and your son are in my thoughts.

Have lived in FL since 1978 and I'm still not used to the heat ~ have no desire to get used to it either. I'll take the cold any day.

Even though I chose to work the midnight shift while my son was growing up, I found that helped to escape the heat. Yeah, we had to keep the A/C on while I slept during the day, but setting the ceiling fan on high, painting my room very dark green, installing very dark green shades.....helped quite a bit. Once I was asleep, my ex new that nothing would wake me up and he would turn the air back up to eighty before he went to work.

I live for our very short 'winter'.
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 08:16 am
(Late arrival)
cobalt, how are you and your son doing? Well I hope. Drop me a line!

Tenn=Hot. In the 90's. Yesterday it was hot and so humid that it rained for about 15 min. every hour and a half or so. The AC was off in the house but when I came inside I froze. About 4:30 I took a shower. I was shaving after and I was sweating so bad that I had to take another shower.

Gonna stay inside and hang doors today!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:57:56