March Big (Do Your Block)

GN

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:44 pm
Hi,
I have been unwell lately and just getting back into the usual magazine, I find all of them challenging and enjoy the Demon.
Now, I just completed a simple one called 'Do your Block' on page 42 of the March Big, I came out with an answer 'Palatiae' I have checked it a dozen times not sure where I went wrong, is it possible that I fit all of the words in another way?
I would appreciate any help on this puzzle as it is causing a migraine Rolling Eyes and I want to continue with the book but cannot until I amend the competition puzzle.
Thanks in advance and many good wishes.
Gaylene (Tasmania) Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 648 • Replies: 6
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:18 pm
Hi GN and welcome to A2K.

I don't have the books and don't do the puzzles but I do join in some of the clue threads to see if I can help.

I recall seeing something about this - the answer is supposed to be palatial but everyone came up with the mis-spell that you found. They were saying that you should submit the mis-spell.
0 Replies

mrsgreen663

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:08 pm
Yes it was a mistake. Lovatts will accept either the incorrect word, or the word it was intended to be.
it is worth going back through the last couple of pages when you are looking for something, as there was a thread on this already (that I had opened).
Gl with your entry.
0 Replies

GN

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:26 pm
Thanks
Thanks,
I found the thread after the writing as I wasn't sure how this forum worked at all, as I said, not well but getting there.
Thanks for your help, good to know my brain wasn't tested too much during illness with that particular puzzle.
Cheers - Gaylene Smile
0 Replies

maxfox

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 01:41 am
Do Your Block
I got exactly the same answer!!!!! and cannot see anything differently.
Maxine - Tasmania
0 Replies

debbiemaree

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 06:54 pm
The marked square is wrong. Just enter your answer on the contest sheet as either "palatiae" or "palatial". They usually accept this.
0 Replies

AnnieMay

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 03:11 am
Lovatt's "Do Your Block" answer
Have Lovatt's actually confirmed that the Do Your Block does have a "gremlin" Because i have the feeling that this is a Medical term. A penchat thet Christine lovatt has left over from her nusing days and therefore the term may well be correct. Personally, I'm opting to leave the answer as PALATIAE.
0 Replies