Your Views on Area 51..

Dedshaw

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:40 pm
the other technology forums just deal with internet and stuff so this was the best place in my opinion......anywho, we all know area 51 exists. somewhere out in the middle of nowhere pretty much, and the only place where you can get shot for trespassing. you can trespass the white house all you want to but you'll get arrested, here on the other hand they dont take any chances and just shoot you on the spot. so what do you all think goes on in area 51? alien coverups and studies (the most popular thought) , or maybe its a research center for war , to stay 3 or 5 steps ahead of the game and if any enemy got there they could steal technology they were working on the enemy would use it against us, thats why they dont take any chances. what i heard is that the stealth bomber was actually developed there , so it does sound like some kind of war research center. or maybe its just a scientific center in general? just very more complex then what the rest of the world is studying, perhaps time travel, cloaking devices ect. or do you think its something totally different. i think maybe its a combination of war research and science. one more thing also, i was watching a documentary about it on tv, i forget where they said they moved it to, but they most defiantly moved their research somewhere else because activity has pretty much died their lately, not as many lights sounds ect. i think they said some kind of air force base maybe not sure...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,379 • Replies: 12
No top replies

spendius

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:44 pm
There's also area 2 up to whatever you fancy.

I think I have area 1 sorted.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:47 pm
The Groom Lake area is strictly controlled--but i know of no reason to assume that you are correct that a "trespasser" would be shot on sight. Taken into custody, no doubt. Shot--very doubtful.

Conspiracy theory writers, who make a damned good living selling spooky stories to the gullible, are undoubtedly delighted that such a facility exists.
0 Replies

Dedshaw

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:44 pm
signs are posted around area 51 reading clearly "Trespassers Will Be Shot"...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:49 pm
No one has ever been shot for attempting to enter the area. Got any evidence that people have been shot? Do you have any evidence that there are such signs? Any evidence other than what you read in the book of some scam artist who makes a good living selling sensational claims to gullible people desperate to believe?
0 Replies

Dedshaw

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 09:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
Got any evidence that people have been shot?

they would probably cover it up somehow if they did shoot someone, you think an organzation or whatever they are would want to be caught doing that?

Setanta wrote:
Do you have any evidence that there are such signs?

no but hold on while i go there and collect you one, if i dont come back you know what happend...

Setanta wrote:
Any evidence other than what you read in the book of some scam artist who makes a good living selling sensational claims to gullible people desperate to believe?

good point, although i was just asking for views in this thread, that was the whole point, i wasnt persuading anyone that this place shoots people on a dime, or saying they dont shoot people, just wondering what people think they do there science related, and was just reporting what ive read, heard , and seen on television or articles in maginzines interent ect...not saying for fact they do shoot people...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 09:14 pm
I don't know what they actually would do, but they do have a no tresspassing sign that says, "Deadly force authorized." I think they're probably doing weapons research.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 10:04 pm
The generally held view of people who are not in the conspiracy theory suckers industry is that it is a site at which foreign weapons systems are examined and tested. Given that it would be an area in which any reasonable government would want a high degree of security, there is no reason to assume that anything nefarious is going on, or that the government keeps secrets there from the citizens of the nation which are not common-place secrets: i.e., military intelligence which it is not in our best interest to have revealed publicly. There is a conspiracy going on--members of government conspire to keep ordinary national security intelligence secret.

As is the case with most conspiracy theories, it only gets a lot of attention, and generates book sales, and profits from goofy films and television programs, if it is made to seem more mysterious and sinister than it really is. It's like the September 11th conspiracy nuts--yes, there was a conspiracy carried out on September 11th, 2001: 17 Saudis, 2 Lebanese and an Egyptian conspired to fly four passenger aircraft into high profile targets in the United States, and three of them hit their targets. Allegations of more deeply laid and sinister conspiracies are just so much nonsense unless and until someone comes up with solid, irrefutable evidence to the contrary. No one has done that. No one has done anything like that with regard to the so-called Area 51, either.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 12:10 am
By and large, the military is not noted formtaking things lightly, and something they do not take at all lightly is that whole "Authorized Personnel Only" deal. The authorization for use of lethal force in the service of securing military assets, and posting of notice of such, is uniform common practice at all military installations ... in principle, that would extend right down to the premises of your local military recruiters, though in actual practice the recruiters' office in a strip mall is not likely to be under guard mount.

Never know, though .... :cool:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 12:18 am
Oddly, our local social security office has an armed guard. Internal revenue service does not. Kind of flattering to think us old guys are all that scary - but I digress, again.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 10:49 am
Dedshaw wrote:
signs are posted around area 51 reading clearly "Trespassers Will Be Shot"...

Really? Got an image of one?

http://www.franklinairshow.com/Logos/Area%2051%20Sign.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 11:31 am
http://www.confluence.org/de/all/n51e012v6/pic9.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 11:53 am
I think that it is a military surveillance/intelligence installation.

Then again, it is much more romantic to think that it is a medical facility that is studying little green men. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice. Razz

One thing that I DO know, is that the average man on the street will never really know!
0 Replies