Telephone Service Over Cable Connection

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:39 pm
I use Bright House for my cable TV and broadband connection. When I called to update my service, the sales representative was pushing phone service.

Have any of you changed to cable based phone service? How do you find it in terms of clarity? I know that if the electricity is off, the phone does not work, but I have a cell phone. Also, the cable person claimed that there is a 24 hour backup where you can make calls if the electric is off. This is a consideration in Florida, during summer thunderstorm weather. She also claimed that I can use my FAX machine over the cable lines, which always was a consideration.

What have been your experiences? Should I consider switching from regular phone service to cable? The cost IS less.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,080 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:53 pm
I don't have it but I know several people that do and there doesn't seem to be any difference in quality. *shrugs* It's just a different type of wire running into the house.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 01:05 pm
We switched to cable based phone a couple of years ago. Absolutely no difference in service or quality other than, like you said, being down if the electric goes out. Like you, we have our cell phones for that, so not a problem.

Ours is with Time Warner. Not sure if it would be different with your cable company.

We have phone, fax, cable and internet all through Time Warner. Makes paying the bills easier, too.
0 Replies