Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 05:30 am
Quote:
German Pensioner in Bid for Gallstone World Record

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German pensioner who had 3,110 gallstones removed says she hopes to have the feat recognized as a world record by the Guinness Book of Records.

Ursula Kuschfeldt, 67, from Neustrelitz in eastern Germany, said she was galled when she heard recently that the removal of 831 stones from a Romanian was being hailed as the record mark.

"I knew that wasn't right because I had 3,110 stones removed in an operation in 1981 and I can prove it," she said on Thursday. "The doctor said they threw a few away too."

Gallstones are buildups that accumulate in the gall bladder, an organ that helps the body digest fats. Kuschfeldt said she now planned to inform Guinness of her tally, but that they would have to accept documentary evidence for the total figure cited.

She stores the small brown and black lumps in a glass tube.

"A few have been lost," she said. "Because I kept on having to get them out for friends, some wound up on the carpet and got hoovered up."

Think that it might have been too much weiner schnitzel?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,851 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 07:24 am
My mother-in-law has them all rivalled for size. Some years back they took out an enormous one which the doctor hailed as a possible record. Early this year she had that kidney removed because it was full up with kidney stone material and no longer had the ability to function.
0 Replies

Rizwansafi

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:39 am
wow they are enormous in numbers.
last month i too had an operation of gall bladder and today i counted the number of stones which i have with me and they counted as 620.
Avinash Bhatnagar

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 12:04 pm
A woman operated for gall stones in India had 492 stones,
And the bladder was removed through Laproscopy
I want to the records of stones removed laproscopically
0 Replies

Avinash Bhatnagar

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 06:24 am
@Rizwansafi,
was that an open surgery or a laproscopy
0 Replies