A2K Fat Tuesday Float

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 07:47 am
I have heard rumors--only rumors, but I've heard them--that Grand Prize in this years Internet Mardi Gras float is effortless access to the site of choice at all hours of the day and night.

No more Connectile Disfunction!

No more Connectile Disfunction, provided that we enter and win.

According to the Grand Plan to illustrate our diverse community, each participating A2K member will be given a 3'x3' pedestal (which will rise and fall, wax and wane and do-si-do so that all pedestals can be seen).

I plan to balance on a mossy bank of violets (funeral grass over obsolete encyclopedias) basking in May time sunlight (good for me, if not for the violets) decked out in all manner of free-floating, no-iron drapery. As I smile to the admiring crowds, I'll toss out obscure facts and bracing observations.

We have until midnight on Tuesday, February 20th. Will you join me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,966 • Replies: 59
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 02:27 pm
I'm a One Woman Wonder, but having a parade all by myself is very difficult.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:21 pm
Well, here's a Fat Tuesday treat, with or without a parade -
Kim O'Donnel's food blog, with how to make beignets...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:28 pm
Can I use LEDs? I'll only join the project if I can do something cool with LEDs.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:34 pm
I'm going to use rope lights, and I'll need 10 gallons of Gorilla Glue and a 72 inch flat screen monitor.

oh, an a lot of bronzing gel.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 04:07 pm
Osso--

Will you cater the Victory Party? Calories won't count.

DrewDad--

Of course, LED's are acceptable. Do you have a proper portable source?

Chai--

Sounds good.

Er....um...I know they can be exasperating, but ....um....some of our male models are ....um....very sensitive....and your language can be a bit.... um....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 04:27 pm
Models are easily distracted by shiny objects... just aim 'em at my LED display if they give you any grief.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 06:53 pm
The last time I was in a parade, it was sorority days. I don't have to wear a letter sweater, do I?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 07:36 pm
I would like my 3x3 to feature a comfy chair and a reading light so I can sit and read this nutty book in a section long enough for it to make some kind of sense.

The area surrounding me would be plastered with good intentions and paving stones which I would completely ignore.

If the parade is long enough I might take a nap.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 07:49 pm
Well, given this is a virtual parade and I won't be forced to spend the whole time waving, I'll be glad to cater the parade itself. This is good, because I won't have to do personal deep fat frying in my small kitchen...

Beignets and powdered sugar for starters, though I suppose I need to have some hot coffee at the ready... good for a February day...
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 07:58 pm
Shoot, I thought I might get a recipe for a root beer type float, made with maple syrup maybe Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 08:08 pm
DrewDad--

As long as the LED's distract without daunting. Do you have a theme?

Jespah--

Letter sweaters are not required. You could have a stack of A2K berets and whirl them into the admiring crowds like floppy frisbies.

Boomer--

One easy chair, one reading light and one portable force field so you can finish paragraphs, chapters and eventually the book.

Osso--

Chicory in the coffee, of course. Can you tear yourself away from the vat of fat long enough to contemplate the possibilities of breakfast oysters? Remember, this is an all day performance. DrewDad's entry works best after dark. We must keep up our strength.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 08:38 pm
Noddy, you are the light at the end of my tunnel!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 08:57 pm
Breakfast oysters?

Dang it.

(oh, and I thought of chicory as the post was posting...). Well, since I got what I thought was near fatally ill from raw oysters at Mismaloya beach in the early seventies... I haven't eaten any more raw ones. But wait, I'll do a search for some non-raw ones (couldn't find my old Fuchow fried oysters..) -

Perhaps a Googley selection platter -

Roasted oysters served on the half shell with creamed leeks and bacon
from http://www.loie215.com/loie215/menus.asp

some chili flour fried oysters from Texas...
http://www.texasoysters.org/images/KevinWilliamson2.jpg

some pan fried oysters with lemon and hot sauce...
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Seafood/FryingOysters1.jpg

and, enough already, poached oysters danielle -
http://www.lanierbb.com/recipes/data/sea85.html

and hurry up, they're going to go fast...
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 03:20 am
In Sydney, Mardi Gras has been taken over by the gay guys and gals.

I'd love to join the A2K float as long as I don't have to wear gear with big holes for the bum cheeks to poke through! Not quite my best feature! Shocked

Maybe I could bring something for the hamsters?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 07:04 am
Osso--

Mardi Gras breakfast will be an elegant experience.

What about elevensies?

Lezzles--

Do you have the force of character to appear as Ring Mistress for the Hamsters, or would you rather be a Winsome Shepherdess (with cleavage) coaxing the little critters to top performance?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 07:25 am
I'm a tiny bit busy preparing for Chinese New Year tomorrow ... perhaps I could get a two-fer out of

http://www.bookmakersltd.com/art/pel_art/PELLATON%20Chinese%20New%20Year.jpg

would a Chinese dragon be all right in a Mardi Gras parade?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 09:00 am
EhBeth--

Dragons are most welcome, just commandeer as many pedestals as you need.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 09:01 am
Oh I love that dragon.

This is, as we all know, going to be the Year of the Capybara.

I like the beret frisbee idea. I am also hoping for Miss America-style elbow-length gloves. In satin.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 09:05 am
Jespah--

Satin gloves with detachable palms so you can nibble at Osso's offerings.

How about a Capybara cape, lined with satin. Do you prefer red or gold?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K Fat Tuesday Float
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:12:13